I guess you all aware about the last news regarding the facebook and data leak. Because of that, they are making the usage of the API more strict, that is why please check the updated instructions how the Facebook login APP should be created:
- Please follow this link to Facebook
- Please press "+Add New app" at the top right corner of the screen
- On the next screen, you should choose the name of the app, for example, you can use your network's name or something else, it doesn't matter just depends on what name would be more convenient for you in order to manage another app you have, and don't forget to enter contact email address, and press "Create App id"
- After you have filled the captcha on the left side of the screen you will see the menu. Please press "Settings" button.
- On the next screen you will see the settings of your app, however, you should take a look at the left side of the screen once again and press "Advanced". It would be located just under the "Settings" button that you have found in the previous step
- When the advanced settings would be opened please scroll down the page a little and find "Allow API Access to App Settings" and turn it on (there is the trigger just to the left from that text please click on it once to turn on). Please don't forget to save changes as well.
- Then please take a look at the menu on the left side of the screen and press "+Add product"
- On the next screen, please choose Facebook Login, and then press "www"
- In the field which is called "Site URL" please enter the following link (https://YourSubDomain.networkauth.com). And click "Save".
- Then please take a look at the menu on the left side of the page, end just under "Facebook Login" you will see the button "Settings". Please press it.
- On the screen that would be opened, please enter the same link mentioned in step 9 into the field called "Valid OAuth redirect URIs". Also using the link mentioned in step 9 as the base please add to it /connect_start (the result will look like this https://YourSubDomain.networkauth.com/facebook/connect_start or something similar), and add to the "Valid OAuth redirect URIs" as well. Then add to the base /facebook/callback (the result will look like this https://YourSubDomain.networkauth.com/facebook/callback) and add to the "Valid OAuth redirect URIs".
- Please press "Settings" button, in the left menu and click "Basic" from the drop-down which will appear under "Settings" button you have just pressed.
- Your app is almost ready, please choose "App review" from the menu on the left side of the screen and make your app public by switching on the trigger "Make name of the app public?" where "name of the app" is the name that you have chosen for your app.
- On the same page, you are at right now, the app should be submitted for the review. Please click "start submission" and choose the following items from the list presented: user_birthday, user_location and click add items.
- The list of items would appear and just under it, you will see the conditions that your app should fulfill in order to be submitted for the review. Click "settings" link there and upload the icon of your app, and just under the icon choose the "Business Use"
- Please proceed back to the App review, under "Current Submission" you will see the items you have added to submission, and near each, you will see details "add details" button. Please open each and add details required by the facebook. Also, you will see 3 triggers please tick "web" for your login app. You can read the FAQ provided by the facebook in order to make sure that you have mentioned all necessary information.
- After you have added information about each element please click "Submit for review" button
- Now your app is ready, please go to the dashboard on Facebook and you will see app id and secret you need.
- Please enter App id and app secret, and save the changes.
- The only thing left is to wait until Facebook will approve your app, and after the users will be able to use it.
Hope these instructions would, help. I also hate the fact each time everything is getting more complicated, but the changes are initiated by the Facebook :-(