Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Hi there,

I managed to put more than 40 people online to test the chat. I can guarantee that several were logged in, none of them were calling. Even explaining to them by whatsapp.

I did a local test. I connected in two different accounts in different browsers. I called the chat and nothing happened in the other. No sound, no warning. Nothing that showed any message has coming. Even though I have several people visiting the site, I can not call anyone in the chat. I already had more than 40 thousand acess on the site.

I see through google analyitics several people conect. How can we make the box open for members to see we're calling?
Other wise the chat will be empty.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there!

Our admins have cleared a few things on our end, so could you please provide us with an update - do you receive chat notifications now?

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

The NING Team

• Hi,

I opened in two browsers. In Firefox it made a sound only when the chat window was open. if you minimize the window, it did not make any notification. The account that was open on Google Crhome, did not make any warning.
      On mobile, no sounds only a red dot on the ballon. But it only happen , if I am online on mobile, If someone send me a mesage when I am offline, I dont get any warinning.

Would be possible to make it popup when I receive a mesage? Or live as Facebook?

• Hi there!

Thank you for checking once again and clarifying. It was made intentionally to leave members a choice to "mute" all chat notifications with chat window being closed. But if a conversation window is open http://take.ms/omvIi you will still receive sound notifications. 

Unfortunately, it`s not possible to set up push notifications with a custom code. But I will check if there is such an update in plans for the nearest future. 

Best regards,

The NING Team

Screenshot "Home - Meow Meow Network - Mozilla Firefox 2018-06-22 17.55.28.png"
        • on mobile the chat notifications do not show 

• Hi,

The only problem is that I can not make it work even if there is lot's of people. No one get it. No one can notice there is a chat room or maybe there is someone calling. 

• I would love to be able to have the chat ping even when it is closed along with push notifications. 

• Hi there!

Don't you think the users should have the ability to mute completely all notifications from the chat if they don't wish to be disturbed by it? If not please confirm and I'll post the suggestion to change this functionality, however as this is not a big change the management would likely decide to attach it to the bigger task if they decide to implement it, and unfortunately, I cannot see any tasks related to the chat in the plan :-(

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi,

Like it is now once you minimize the chat it never show a notification again.

• Hi there!

The chat should be opened only once, and if it hasn't been closed at the end of the last session it would be opened during the new session as well, so everything is needed is to make people notice the chat only once after they will start receiving notifications until the window is closed.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi there,

As long the green light is on it must popup. Just like Facebook. Facebook is the way. People around the world nows how that work. just copy that. :)

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…