Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Comment Wall Question

I want to put a comment wall on my site so people can communicate better back and forth...but it seems that if someone comments and another member replies...the original person is not notified in an email that there has been a comment left for them. Is this a glitch or just how it is? Feedback would be wonderful!

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there!

It's not a glitch, as I see the comment wall cannot be followed, that's why the notifications are not getting sent when you are making any comments there.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi Kyryl,

I am speaking of an actual comment wall that you can put on each page from the add content box...when I have tried to put a comment wall on my pages...it will commenting back and forth but no alerts in email that someone has commented like it does in forums etc. Also on comment wall...no follow option is available only on comments for blogs etc. Thank you for helping figure this out  I really want a comment wall but if member doesn't get an email notification that someone has commented it is rather futile to have it, it seems  let me know what you think. You are so appreciated!

• Hi Jennifer,

Only the comment wall that belongs to the member do send notification emails. I have checked your network and that is exactly the one you are using on your page. Have you tried to leave a test comment on the other profile to test whether you would receive the notification? As I have run the test and the notification related to teh comment on my profile has been sent straight away, also please check the email settings of your profile as probably that type of notifications was disabled. Also, it's possible that the notification has appeared in the spam folder.

Please check this all, and if the test notification is not delivered please let me know I'll ask the tech team to take a look into this.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

• could this be implemented? Comments are essential for site growth, activity.

• Dear friends! Me and members of NING BUSINESS CLUB are always here to answer any your questions, concerning growth of your network and making it much better! So you're welcome to join us:) https://creators.ning.com/group/business-networking

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…