Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Disk Usage Enforcement

Today I received an unsettling email regarding disk usage on my site. Not only did they say Inwent over the amount, but that I had 5 days to buy an extra storage plan otherwise no more uploads would be allowed. I feel this was not enough warning and that it was an out of the blue way into my pocket. I always speak very highly of Ning, but this was a low blow. Not to mention our sites do not auto compress images so we are screwed everytime.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It’s just business 

• Hi,

It should be good for both sides not only for then.

• Well seems like they're going to milk us for every dime they can get.

• Hi,

I feel Ning is designed to not help us grow. There is no limit upload size, there is no control how many files a member can upload a day,  and actually, they do compress, but they keep the original file as well, you can see on the disk management. I forgot to mention the Space disk plan for a social network is ridicule. You can get full in a day. So pray for nobody use your network. 

PS: Some member did upload over a 120Mb Photo on my Network. Ning could be the best of all, but it looks like they don't want to.

Sorry

• I have over 10,000 photo's thousands of videos and Iv'e only used 8gb of my storage .. now today its saying iv'ed used 19.1gb something isn't right 

• Yep now you see how I felt because it jumped out of nowhere.

• Usage is one day but a random spike plus 5 days to upgrade is crazy.

• Hello Ceddy! 

Thank you for addressing this issue here. 

We need some time to check the content of the email that you are referring to, and also I`ll see what I can do regarding the mandatory plan upgrade. 

Please accept our apologies for this upsetting situation, and your support means a lot to us! 

Best regards,

The NING Team

• Thank you for checking into it. 

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…