Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Events on Ning3

Great to have Events available (sorry, a bit slow on the uptake ...) - the main feature that was lacking, as far as I was concerned. However, Ning appears to require you to upload an image when posting an event - a couple of members on our network have complained about this. Can we have a default image to display if someone does not upload one, please? Just like Ning2.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Annabel,

It seems to be a good idea, I have let the management know about your suggestion, once they will make the decision I'll send the email to you.

Regards,

Ning Team.

• Thank you, Kyryl, I look forward to hearing from you.

• Hi Annabel

I just created a small tip for this so members do not have to add an image

Events Default Image

Hope this helps in the mean time

John :-)

Adding A Default Image For Events If Not One Added
    This question was asked in the forum about members not having to upload an image for an event and show a default image if they chose not to add an im…
    • Thanks, John - I will try your tip. I do hope Ning will make this unnecessary soon, though!

Adding A Default Image For Events If Not One Added
      This question was asked in the forum about members not having to upload an image for an event and show a default image if they chose not to add an im…
      • Glad to help for a temporary fix until Ning adds this option. By the way if you want to see it working you can go here http://bizzssite.ning.com/events-demo and if you click my homepage tab you will see the event at the top of the activity, as I said in the activity it does not show an image yet. If you add content using the Add content option in a page and choose from events the image does show.

John :-)

- Events Demo
        Tips for Ning 3.0 sites
This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Ning via Facebook

#NINGread Blogging is an extremely inspiring activity, especially when you can make a buck with…

Kos replied to Thisisbully's discussion Chat is available on 3.0
"Well thank goodness for updating the servers b/c it worked perfectly all day.  I'm sooo happy!  Tha…"
3 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Thisisbully's discussion Chat is available on 3.0
"Hi there,
Only the server part has been updated by the admins so the performance could have increas…"
7 hours ago
Solveig Parekh Bock is now a member of Ning Creators Network
8 hours ago
Steve C replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Thank you! That's how it was from 2009 to recently, but the system must have reset it and I forgot…"
13 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Video Issues Again For Embed Videos Showing Blank Box
"When is this going to be fixed? Been a while now as it's not just the image not displaying ( by the…"
17 hours ago
Kos replied to Thisisbully's discussion Chat is available on 3.0
"Kryrl I could be speaking too soon (hope not!) but it appears someone did something b/c Chat is now…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi Steve,
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing such an issue but you can control the orde…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Ian's discussion Side Backgound Image keeps shrinking and orienting left & animated gif header isn't working
"Hi there,
We are sorry for the inconveniences, and yes you are right this issue isn't connected wit…"
yesterday
Oleksii is now a member of Ning Creators Network
yesterday
Steve C replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"I'm having a HUGE problem with blog comments on my Ning 2 site. It used to be that blog comments po…"
yesterday
Ning via Facebook

#inspirewithNING #success Explore new horizons with NING and NING Creators Network! Find your…

Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Videos Playing In Activity Feed, check it out on my site ( Updated: 19-04-17 )
"Would be interested to hear if anyone has tried this and encountered any problems. Works fine for m…"
Friday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Annabel Gregory's discussion Events on Ning3
"Glad to help for a temporary fix until Ning adds this option. By the way if you want to see it work…"
Friday
Annabel Gregory replied to Annabel Gregory's discussion Events on Ning3
"Thanks, John - I will try your tip. I do hope Ning will make this unnecessary soon, though!"
Friday
Annabel Gregory replied to Annabel Gregory's discussion Events on Ning3
"Thank you, Kyryl, I look forward to hearing from you."
Friday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Annabel Gregory's discussion Events on Ning3
"Hi Annabel
I just created a small tip for this so members do not have to add an image
Events Defaul…"
Friday
Paul Corona replied to Ian's discussion Side Backgound Image keeps shrinking and orienting left & animated gif header isn't working
"Images recently have been a royal pain.  I resolved my background image issue on my profile, but we…"
Friday
Ning via Facebook

#createwithNING #design Colourful design is the highway to network popularity. Check NING…

Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Custom code being blocked by browsers unless your signed in!
"Thanks for the reply Kyryl and testing this out. No nothing special within them just a list of link…"
Friday
More…