Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

NC for Hire

10947188852?profile=RESIZE_710x

The Problem:

You have run a network for several years. You have a large network. When you review your last logged in dates for your large network you notice that you have quite a few members who haven't logged in for quite a while. You would like to "clean" up your network and remove these inactive memembers. The bad news is that as far as you know the only way this can be done is one member at a time. Given the size of your network this is not practical. If only there was a way to outsource this type of work. 

Additionally, maybe just because someone hasn't signed in for a while is not the only criteria to consider. Perhaps some of these "inactive" members have content you'd like to remain on the network. You want to be able to distinguish members who have contributed valuable content to your network from those who haven't when determining who should be removed. 

The Solution:

I have faced this dilemna myself and crafted a solution to pruning your network of inactive members in an automated way that takes into account those who have created content on your network from those who haven't. I did this for myself and found that it works reliably. I posted this in case someone else here maybe be dealing with this same issue.

I am very skilled with VBA. Using an export of the member directory I can use Excel VBA to review each member page and look for the number of blog posts, forums, videos, etc on the left side of the profile. The script can even determine who uploaded a photo and who didn't. It it also checks for comments on the profile page. If there is no content, Avatar or Comments it will remove the profile. 

Contact me if you are interested or leave a comment. 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…