Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

FORUM

Help needed !

Hi there......I took over my network just over a year ago and had no involvement with the set up of it........now I seem to have a problem with the centre background .....for some reason it appears to have lost some width in the middle (pls take a look at my site to see what i mean) and is just unsightly especially on the home page.

I asked Ning Support for help but was told they couldn't assist me with Custom Code.

Here's link to my Network http://theartcolony.ning.com/

If possible could someone please help me with this......I do appreciate any help offered as I am not that computer savvy.......Thank you.....Jane..xx

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Jane

Just edit the numbers in this code and add it to your design studio CSS section

HTML body { background-size:1750px auto!important; }

• Hi George......sorry to seem completely thick .....but I have no idea on how to do this.....there are 2 body lines.....shown below

body {
      background:@ning-body-background-color @ning-body-background-image no-repeat fixed center top!important;
      }

body{ -webkit-background-size: 1650px 1250px;}

Not sure which one I am editing......lol

I don't see one that has auto!important init.

• Replace the one in your design studio CSS section with the one I gave you.  

This is the code to replace.
        body{ -webkit-background-size: 1650px 1250px;}

The code you're using has -webkit- in it so it will only target certain browsers like Google Chrome, Safari and now Firefox - it won't work for Internet Explorer and any other browser that doesn't use -webkit-...

Replace the one in your design studio with this one so it will target all browsers.

HTML body { background-size:1750px auto!important; }

• Omg........Thank you ......Thank you so very much........wow....it worked .....so pleased.......Awesome!

Thank you George.........really do appreciate your help...........xx

• Your welcome Jane. :)

By the way, sens your replacing the code  you can use a less aggressive version of the code.. like this one...

body { background-size:1750px auto; }

• Ok ...complete novice here...lol..........CSS scares me.......but will try.......just scared I'm going to mess it all up.......hehe

This reply was deleted.

Latest Activity

Mary Adams replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
SSL certificate feature release
"There is now a check box in my Ning 2.0 site  to use SSL. I imagine that I don't just check the box…"
30 minutes ago
Ning via Facebook

Your blog HAS its voice! And you have outstanding chance to make it awesome. Begin with these…

46 minutes ago · Reply
Kos replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
Overview of Q3 and Ning Q4 2017 plan.
"No, not really although I will say, when I initially open chat, the chat screen is blank and I have…"
1 hour ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Anyone else having the following issues
"Hi Suzie,
If it's necessary you can disable Captcha in Network Details section. At the very bottom…"
7 hours ago
Anam replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
"Oh right, I get it, that's a bug. Did not know that."
7 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
It's time to say goodbye to Flash player
"You are welcome :-)"
7 hours ago
"Hi Kos,
I have created the suggestion to add such option to teh chat feature. Do you think it would…"
7 hours ago
"Hi Kos,
You are welcome :-) I'll maybe change it a bit later when I would have an idea how to make…"
8 hours ago
"Hi there!
The script simply hides the profiles which are not marked by the system as offline, it do…"
8 hours ago
IMPORT BASMATI RICE, Soriel fan i think, Rui Almeida and 36 more joined Ning Creators Social Network
8 hours ago
Matt replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
It's time to say goodbye to Flash player
""
11 hours ago
Anam replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion
Add some helpfull text to for the showing of members online in chat
"Hi John, did you devise a devious plan yet to see who's online without having to keep clicking the…"
12 hours ago
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels