Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Replies

• I think this'll do the trick.  Let me know if you have problems.

.globalsearch .globalsearch-button {display: none;}

• where should I put this?

• Hi there!

You should put that code in custom CSS field in design studio,

Regards,

Ning Team.

• Thanks Kyryl!

• This does not help. I still see both the fields.

• What's your URL?  Let me take a look..........

• culytics.com

CULytics
              CULytics is an online community platform that helps you maximize the return of your investment in data analytics to drive real outcomes.
  • This reply was deleted.
    • This didn't work for me. I also would like to remove the new search bar as it displays material in private groups, where people post for the reason that it is for them only or a few others. Even a reference and brief extract referring to such posts in the search function is not suitable, no matter that others cannot visit the page. I have a different simple Google search function for public material which works sufficiently for the job.

•  

Hi John, I actually had tried it and it didn't work, but just gave it another try and it did. I actually think that perhaps the last time it didn't work was because i had written ''Disable Ning Search'' a couple of lines above the piece of code so I would know what it was and what piece of code to take out if i wanted to re-enable the search bar. Perhaps writing that interfered with the function code. Anyways, thank you very much, it works now! :)

• Ahhh, I see! That makes sense. At least I eventually had the wit to think maybe it was my line of words that disabled your code. Looking at what small bits of custom code i have now i can see they have /***'s above them, which i must have unconsciously copied and used when they were supplied on here by helpful Creators. I'm going to go back and have a closer look to see if there are some that might not be working because of no /*

Thanks a million, John!

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…