Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Hello :)

So I Was wondering how I could Improve my websites page rank ? :) 

for example , My website is called Chatabox, so How Do I get it so, when I type in say Ch or Cha, it automatically suggests Chatabox on google ? :) 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't think that example is a realistic expectation.  Unless you are talking about auto-fill.

• Ye aha I mean auto fill when I say suggestions 

• Well, browser/google autofill is a completely different thing from webpage ranking.

• I know it is, but I wanted to know both things aha

• You'll have to clarify exactly what you are asking, sorry.

• aha don't be sorry , 
          I want to improve the google page rank for my website, and I want to get it so it auto suggests in google when you type in the first 3 letters of my website like when you type in Fa it suggests facebook 

• I dont really keep up anymore with what google wants from us as site owner to get our sites ranked.. it seems to change all the time. but here is some advice that might still hold true..

Age seemed to be the most important thing at one point, google doesn't or didn't take new site all that seriously, the older your domain name, the better google likes it..

you need to build up links with other sites, the best links to build up is with sites that are relevant to your site.. So if you are a DJ, then try to get your link on music sites, (for example) or anything that is relevant to your subject.

Dont forget Keywords in your header <title> tags but dont go mad, using them too many times can get google annoyed with you..same with any description of your site.. its all about relevant Keywords

you need a good sitemap too that google can crawl, dont think Ning 3 has one of those built in yet but you can get 3rd party sitemap makers,, some are free for the first 500 or 1000 pages..  which is better than nothing.. 

also join webmaster tools, get the google bot to crawl you a bit more frequently than it normally would at first..

above all though the search engines like unique content, they see that as valuable, but trying to get unique content these days is very hard

Its an art form this SEO stuff and something that takes time, and even then, the search engines change the playing field all the time, like they did recently with mobile friendly content sites, and those that aren't, can wave goodbye to any rank they had,

• now im thinking about it, i used to have a programme that i ran on my PC years ago.. you put in all your details of your site, it searched for the best keywords and placed them in the right place on your site and linked up to other sites and then you just pressed RUN and it did all the work for you, even submitted it to all the search engines, which there are hundreds of the bloody things.. 

if you do a google search you will find modern equivalent software now im sure, some free i would imagine for limited use, Google SEO tools

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…