Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

How people can like pictures?

Hi there, Is aeveryone doing fine?

I am working to make my network ready to get the next level with all the new factures. Put I am missing something. How the member can Like pictures. I only can see one star above the picture. We need to put it under the pictures and more ption as thums up, heart etc.... How can I make it work ? 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Fabricio,

The suggestion related to the various, let's call them "like" options, hasn't been reviewed by the management yet, so I'm not able to tell you for sure whether it would be implemented or not, at least right now. But when I hear something about this option I will let you know.

Regarding the rewards for the likes, don't you think that some people would be able to cheat with points if the likes would be given for content liking. Basically, it wouldn't take a lot of time for the member to like tons of posts without reading them and receive the reward. So if it wouldn't take a lot of time there would no filling that you have gotten something cool for your participation in the life of the community. Of course, newcomers will see that there are a lot of likes under the posts and maybe would decide to stay for a while but when they would realize how it could be easy to get the reward some of them would be definitely disappointed. So I guess it would be better to reward members for received likes only.

However, if you are sure that they should be rewarded for the likes they give just let me know and I post the suggestion.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi Kyry,

If we give points for both sides it would work beter. We have some exemples.
                      www.viewbug.com

They gives point for bloths side, and it works couse, encorage people to spend lot's time on the network and encorage other to create more content.
                      The only problem in cheat is, when the member are able to uplod too many photos at once. The soluiton for that would be limeted uplodas per day. It work in may cases. Couse people keep creating content and come back next day to upload some more. We are studying this.

If the payed members could get more points, than standar member would be even bether, than we could sell membership.

Screen%20Shot%202018-02-01%20at%209.40.17%20PM.png

•     Hi, Kery,

Ning could get truly in next level, if we take a good look at how porwerfull the rewards point really is. a Lot's of new user, would start a new network on Ning. 
                         Given some ideias for your users, would open they mind, to explore and create whats was impossible before.
                         Rewards points takes our member to stop being only viewers, to be players. Stop being article readers to become content creators. for that we need reward both sides.
                       And that for sure, will be a very new business inside the Ning it self.

PS: Forgive me for writing a little wrong. English is not my native language and I do not use a translator all the time.

• Hi Fabricio,

Ok, if sure that people how are giving likes should receive the reward as well, I'll add this to existing suggestion, however, I don't know how the photo upload limit would stop the cheating with likes.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Yes, we are sure.

The limit photo upload, will stop cheating for getting point by submitting too much photos. Has nothing to do with getting likes.

• Hi Fabricio,

But all this time we have been talking about teh cheating with likes. I suppose it a more important question then cheating with photos and it easier to give like then to upload lots of photos. It takes more time for uploading then clicking just one button to give a like to the photo profile or anything else.

The photo upload limit would slowdown cheaters, but won't stop them completely that's for sure.

Anyway, the suggestion has been already sent to the management as I have mentioned.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi kyryl,

I have two exemple. Those web sites works basics on this kind of system.

Before show the exemple, let me show few points.

It's all about engagement. Whats that means?
                      We need keep our member on the network, as long as possible.
                      We need to encorage then to create content
                      We need to encorage then to interact with other members content.

Likes is the based on all now days.
                      For likes work as it should. It must be impossible to Like the same content twice. In this case a user must surf on the network, and actually see the content and interact.

Facebook and instagram is all about that. Surveys show that people take  about 2 seconds to see and like a photo, on Facebook and instagram. To grab someone atention the photo must has some thing different to impact.

So, if people get's some points to  give the likes they will spend more time on the Network other people will get happy for getting those likes and create more content.

Some exemples:

https://gurushots.com/fabricioGiugni/photos
                      https://www.viewbug.com

Fabricio Giugni | GuruShots
                      Check out the awesome profile of Fabricio Giugni on GuruShots, a revolutionary platform that offers photographers a fun, social and educational place
                    • Hi Fabricio,

That is in case if nobody would be giving the likes, just to obtain the points on the network. Well if the purpose is to obtain the points, the person won't be spending a lot of time for viewing each picture as the main priority is to give a like to it, only that's why I doubt about the necessity to give points for giving likes.

Of course, the model seems to be cool until you meet a cheater who will be using likes to obtain an enormous amount of points.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi, Kyryl,

I undersat your point. I send 2 exemples, did you check it? This kind of system all ready working...
                      Let's say any other action on the network gives 50 points. Give likes would give only 3 for exemple.

Thanks for keep argue. It helps 

• Hi Fabricio,

Yep, I have checked both examples you have provided. The idea to give much lower amount of points for given likes looks good, however, I guess only when you will be running the site with such point system it would be easier to realize how many points should you give for given likes, as I think at some point 3 would be too low, but as you told me that you have researched this questions I guess you already have some approximate points values.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile
Apr 12
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels