Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

NC for Hire

There are many reasons for why you might like to create a search feed for your network.  For example, inside groups you have a RSS module which you might like to keep updated on a particular topic.  I've been doing this for years using the RSS feed that Google generates at the bottom of a search results page.  I just run a search, copy the feed URL and plug it into the RSS of a group on a particular topic.  BOOM  a constantly updated group on autopilot.  Now you can do this with a Bing search with this quick little hack:

Say you want to run a search for "Land Surveyors Support" (look whos number 1)

546040?profile=original

You get a URL like this:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Land+Surveyors+Support&pc=Z008&form=ZGAFDF

How to Get RSS Feed from Bing Search

To create an RSS feed in Bing, conduct a search, and at the end of the URL from the search results screen add the following text: &format=rss

NOTE:  for the example below, i used RSS2GIF to demonstrate the feed capabilities

Our Result:

rss_42yVhg6YAgSRBurdFEeL.gif

If you like this tip, please do ME a favor...  Like my network's page on Facebook...i accidentally deleted my page a few weeks back and trying to get my likes back up.  I appreciate it.

546068?profile=original

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• dude you always have super cool tips and ideas, who woulda thought to use a google search rss to keep a group constantly rolling with content? my mind just went kaboom with ideas! 

I liked your page, and it wasn't til then I realized you are in Charleston, SC.....I was born there, Roper Hospital I think it was. We moved when I was a little baby, never been back but want to. I always thought you were in Louisiana, I guess because of the LSU logo, lol. Very nice tips, thanks for sharing!

EDIT: I feel very dumb asking this, but I do not see an rss button at the bottom of searches I am doing on Google. Is it hidden in one of the "About Google" or other Google hyperlinks?

• NC for Hire
      the way to get RSS from google is not to use the web search, but to perform a search, then switch to News or Blogs and each one of those has an RSS link at bottom of page....hope this helps...thanks for the remarks....been doing the Google thing for a while..!
    • NC for Hire

thank you brother

• once again a great tip from jfarrow..thanks
  • ok, I don't want to be a land surveyor. 

but I like the idea for my site.

can you make a video?

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…