Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

I am wanting the profile picture to be larger on my members profile page. Is it possible to make it larger without them having to do it? I see that on ning 3.0 it doesn't seem possible to give the profile photo a size preference. So hoping there is a work around for it. Thank you!

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reply was deleted.
    • Thank you John. I will check out the link you sent me for profile picture. And your profile pic looks great on your site. Thats exactly what I would like. I sent you a message did you possibly get it? :-)

• Thank you John, that worked great. I do like how yours is oval. Is there a bit of code I can add to make it oval on mine by chance? :-)

• Thats right I remember now. Thank you

• This is the message I sent you via my inbox here on creators. Not sure why it didn't go through.

Hi John,

First, I would like to say thank you so much for your tips that you give and the assistance that you have given me. I have really needed the assistance...and your help has been very appreciated.

You helped me with my header this last week. And took your adviceto make my logo header smaller and in the end it really helped enlarge it on mobile devices. Since I made the header smaller I had to remove some crucial wording that is important for getting the message across quickly when a person 1st looks at my site. I took out the part that said:

• Find Caregivers
          • Find Jobs
          • Find Businesses

Is it possible to add them in to the actual header not the header that my logo is in but underneath it and instead of having them bulleted place them next to each other? Something like this:

Find Caregivers. Find Jobs. Find Businesses

I would prefer the text in white and maybe bold not sure. Don't want it to take away from the actual logo and slogan.

Thank you for your time John :-)

• Hi Jennifer,

Unfortunately, there is no text box under the logo where you can put your text easily. So here is the code that might be used to do so.

<!-- Text after header logo -->

<script>
            x$(".site-nameLogo").attr("id","site-nameLogo");
            </script>

<script type="text/javascript">
            var getelid = function (id){
            return document.getElementById(id);
            }
            var sitenamelogo = getelid("site-nameLogo");
            var headertext = document.createElement("div");
            var text = document.createTextNode("Find Caregivers. Find Jobs. Find Businesses");
            headertext.appendChild(text);
            headertext.className = "textunderheader";
            sitenamelogo.appendChild(headertext);
            </script>

This part you should put to the end of page section in your custom code tab. It will basically create the block with the text inside.

Then it's necessary to determine the style properties (like text color weight of text etc.). Please copy the following code and put it in the design studio to custom CSS section.

.textunderheader {color: white!important; font-weight: 700;}

I have noticed that you were unsure about the weight of the text, so I have made it bold, you can change this numeric parameter "font-weight: 700;" to make your text thicker or thinner. It could be from 100 to 900, the bold text value is 700, the value for normal text is 400.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi kyryl,
                I put your code in and it did work :) I will try Johns tonight when I am able to work on my site. Thank you Kyryl!
              • Hi, John!

Thanks John for reminding me that there is such thing in CSS. I have simply forgotten that it could be done easier lol. 

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Ok sounds good John. I did use the code earlier from what kyryl gave me. I will wait for yours and put it in tonight I work on my site again. Thank you!
    • Thank you John! I took out the other code and put this in. It worked good. I made just a couple adjustments to color etc. I am very happy with it :)

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Saturday
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Saturday
Alina Langley updated their profile
Saturday
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels