Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Replies

• Hi there!

Yep, you can activate SSL on the Domain mapping section of the network, just tick "Yes" where it's written use SSL for my network. Please keep in mind that if you are not uploading your own certificate it could take up to 24 hours for the system to issue the free one for you. If after 24 hours the certificate hasn't been issued please get back to us and we will ask our admins what's wrong and issues the certificate manually.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Are Ning3 sites now supposed to have SSL activated automatically?  I've just done what you suggest (SSL was set to 'No') and Firefox is now complaining that our network has an insecure connection and will not connect. (So I have reset SSL to 'No').

• Hi there!

Have you activated SSL more than 24 hours ago?

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• No, but is it going to be inaccessible to users for those 24hours ?

• The network is accessible, it's necessary to click the button advanced on that warning page, and click proceed anyway in order to open the network.

• It says 'add exception', which presumably only applies to my username? I can't see a message 'proceed anyway'

• Hi there!

I guess we are not on the same page. I'm talking about the following warning message that can appear in case if there is something wrong with the certificate:

14736840?profile=RESIZE_930x

Best regards,

Ning team.

• I am very sorry, Kyryl, but I cannot find the page that you mean! What is the URL? How do I get to it? Is this info any help:

14738557?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I see that the page which you show above is displayed by the Chrome browser - presumably there is an equivalent for Firefox, which I am using?

• Well, I have temporarily downloaded Chrome, found the page you mentioned and clicked on 'proceed anyway'. Chrome will now allow people to access the site, but Firefox will still not do so, unless the user creates an 'exception'. So I guess the users of our network will have to cope with this for the next 24 hours, or be scared off and refuse to use the site any more - ?!

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…