Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Invitation text and link missing

It's been nearly a month since I submitted a help ticket and no solutions to these two issues. Nothing but "you must wait"  

The invitation link is missing on my site therefore no new members have been able to join my site for over a month this is not healthy for a membership site..we need new members to keep the site vital.  Also members aren't receiving notifications when a comment is posted and this is cutting down on engagement on my site.  

Both of these issues are slowing my site down and it's very discouraging that it's taking so long to resolve these things.  I'm loosing money, while it's costing me monthly to wait for these issues to be solved.

If any of you have a solution to these - other than wait - I'd love to read it.

Thanks.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• aha. so there's the problem.

Try checking the box in a different browser. Save changes, and then reload the page.

No problem. Glad I can help someone, Pam.

• Hi Amber

Well, nothing has worked...I'm so disappointed and can't figure out what to do next.  I've responeded to the support ticket I posted over a month ago and still getting 'thanks for being patient' response. 

Do you know if I can hire someone to take a look at this? 

Feel pretty discouraged at not getting any help with this.

• Actually, there may be a few people you could contact.

1. jqueryhelp.ning.com

2. jensocial.com

TJ at Jquery would know the most about Ning 2.0 platform and Ning in general.

jQueryHelp
            We provide some jQuery, JavaScript and CSS mods and hacks that you can use on your Ning Networks. Use all code at your own risk!
            • Thanks again Amber...I'll give them a try.

• Do you know if there is a manuel way to include members on a private site?

• You could always register an account for them. that's about as manual as it gets. On a private site that is invite only, if the members can't email someone, or the link doesn't arive in their mailbox, then check to see who is invited. Send them an email through something like Mail Chymp asking them to sign up using the direct sign up URL. that way, you don't have to do it, and you can personalize the message from the person whose account was responsible for the invitation as you would have access to this information in member management. You can't give them the code, but you can give them the link to sign up. That's the link that works on this community. https://creators.ning.com/main//authorization/signUp

It technically would be a resend of the invitation, from a server that can reach them. You'd just be manually typing out the email and then creating a campaign, using the email addresses and names respectively of the invitee to which the member performing the invite provided on the member invitations management page in the dashboard. It would even look more official this way as well, as you'd be the one offering the person a chance to join personally.

The trade off is, you keep the site private, but don't require invite only. That link will only work if the invite only feature is disabled, but the site remains still a private one. This way members can still send invitations. If you see new ones pop up in that list from time to time, then re do the campaign but personalize it for them. Remove the campaign list once you're finish, but keep the template in case more invitees have been asked to join.

I know it's a hassle, but it gets the job done.

This is where Creators get together to share advice and tips about growing their Ning Social Networks.
This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…