Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Hi

I have tried all of the standard navigations and headers available for the landing page, but none of them work on a mobile screen. 

None of them show the menu and some of them just show as a blank white band. 

I chatted with an agent and he said i needed to add CSS code to make it work on mobile.

I dont know much about CSS, though i've researched quite a bit since. I have generated HTML5 and jsqueries and CSS using online navigation creators and tried to integrate them but nothing works. I can open the tabs where the CSS, HTML and queries go, but I dont know where to paste the snippets. And am i supposed to delete all or any of the code that is already there?

I just want a basic menu (hamburger) with 4 or 5 links, and the name and logo of my site on a band along the top of the landing page. 

Can anyone guide me?

Thanks in advance

PS as a product suggestion, I think that the Ning developers really need to make the navigations mobile friendly... or at least one.

PPS my site is https://lediabete.ning.com

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Jfarrow,

I had reset the page you see to be the homepage temporarily in order to make working on the site quicker (setting the landing page as home page means constantly swapping from one system to another because the new landing page operates outside of the site builder).

the home page is now the landing page, so you can see how it looks

• and yes, it helps a lot :-)

• In my case, I did not add any code, and mobile navigation is not working as expected: https://www.foodcontactexpert.org/
      Moreover, in a desktop vision, the dropdown menu appears opened and Internet Explorer doesn't show the images into the slider in the header.
      I saw that even https://lediabete.ning.com/ has problems when displayed in IE: the menu disappear.

Is there a way to redirect IE user to another page?

Benvenuti_in_AIBO-FCE
      • Yes I can see that in desktop view (chrome) the menu is open when you open the landing page. I have to click anywhere on the page for the menu to close. I also notice that part of hte menu is doubled up. See photo. This is a pity because it is a beautiful site otherwise.134272963?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Did you notice that even your site don't behave correctly with Internet Explorer 11?
          In your case is just a matter of the top menu bar disappearing.
          In my case, I was forced to redirect IE user to another page until I will find a compromise.
          Anyhow, I did not understand well how do you achieve to have a single top bar. Did you use pure CSS only?

• Here is how i got a single bar on top.

1. I click on code icon : 

134291133?profile=RESIZE_930x

2. I right click on section to remove (the white area)

134291302?profile=RESIZE_930x

and I delete white section

3. Here is the result

134291292?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Thanks a lot Marie. 

Me too, I achieved the same conclusion you described here.

By reading your posts I realized that you removed the white bar in order to have the menu in the mobile version.

Thanks anyway.
              As soon as I have time I will fix it

• No, i have not noticed about IE because i dont use IE. I'll have to check anbd get on to Ning about it. THANKYOU

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile
Apr 12
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels