Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Please notice the activities notifications.

Name of member

His/her action

Discussion or any other item

1. All links have same color as there is no provision for different colours, that causes confusion, specially to new members.

2. "Dr. Meena Naqvi commented on Dr. Meena Naqvi's Discussion."

How kiddish way of expression. Why not use His/her on the basis of gender.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You can change the colors in your design studio then click page then links

• I know that, but probably you did not get my point. Read it again.

All links mentioned should have different colors. Design studio gives option of only one colour.

• Thats probably new because before you could have different colors.. 

• Hello,

We do apologize for all the inconveniences you faced with, but those are the default settings for the platform. All the links are marked with one color and you can pick it. So, all the members of the site will know that this name/word/sentence is the clickable link whenever see it on any page of the site. Also, the system uses the name from the Profile Page to mark the content or activity of the person on the site.

Best regards,

The Ning Team 

• I can see what you mean, this sort of thing can be done with some extra css to alter some of the link colours. I will share some code for that soon. One thing I am going to do with mine is remove the click on the links of the persons name and set the colour the same as the content while only leaving the click on the link for the part which takes them to the discussion, blog etc. Many a time I have clicked the persons name rather than the ‘replied or discussion link’. Once I done it it will be easier to understand what I mean.

• Exactly, that is what I want. Please share the code.

• I have started the code and I think this is what you are after. I've just done it for a forum at the moment but will add it for all the other items like blogs etc. If you go to this link and you will see the forum posts in the activity, the members name I have just used green for now so they stand out for the example, the other links are normal colour. Now if you try and click the name you will see it does not work but the links to the forum do.

https://swindongromsquad.ning.com/

Home
        Swindon Grom Squad, a place for grommers of Swindon to come together
  • This reply was deleted.
    • Thanks Bizz. The code is working but the action is reverse. 

It has made the important link inactive. 

See the pic.2718885092?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Yes I see the problem as some instances I have the same problem, will re-write the code and test it then publish new code.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…