Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Hello! I'm wondering if there is a way to just link to a url as a tab instead of creating a page?For example, in my group, I have the Tabs that are links to pages, like Home, Forum, Blog, etc. Is it possible to add a tab there that would be a link to just a blog post, for example?Thank you!!

Edit: I mean specifically when adding a page in a group.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Simple. Just create a page, select "link" and add your title and URL.  See below

3240089?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Great thank you, I was wondering about tabs in a group? There is no link option when adding a page in a group.

• Someone else will have to chime in on Groups.  I have no experience there.  Sorry

• This reply was deleted.
    • 3240098?profile=original

• I dont have all those options. These are the page type options I have in my group:3240100?profile=original

• right exactly. 

• Hi Tim,

No, it's not a bug, the groups don't have the ability to create the tab of the "link" type not sure why it was created this way, but it was so since I'm here :-) Regarding the polls I don't see actually any reason to not allow it for groups, I'll create the suggestion to add polls page to the list of the pages that the groups could have.

Regarding the link, it's possible to insert the link tab there with the help of the custom code, but I don't see any good general solution so it's better to work with the specific case, if you share with me the group where you wish to have the link in tabs I'll see what I can do for you.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

• If you don't have the poll option, give Ning a call or file a ticket.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…