Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Make me love Ning 3.0

Hi There,

Ok I am at that point again- either make my site great or give it up! I have 10 yrs of my life into this site and  Ning...

Please don't judge me or my site by politics but from a fellow creator instead...

I need you to convince me that going to 3,o is the answer-

I have a News and Discussion Website- I admit I have not spent the money on SEO and stuff like that but there was a time when my site was flourishing

and now you cant even find it in Google if you type it out!!!

I need a tremendous amount of help... and some fellow creator therapy...

I just can't bring myself to throw in the towel after this long...

Thanks a Bunch

Suzie

https://theconstitutionalconservatives.com/

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

Ning 3.0 is perfect for me I have experience of ning for many years ... this is a demo created in 1 day ... to many more functions of the old ning

• NC for Hire

https://rosasnegras.ning.com/

Rosas † Negras
    † Gothic, Art, Rock, Metal, Videos, Images, Poems † Where You make your Dreams possible * Your World * My World * †
  • NC for Hire

Ning 3.0

• Hi Suzie

First off I would say don't worry about all the SEO stuff as you have a good member base already and your fellow members will probably pass along your site info. Concentrate on the members you have rather than worry about the ones you don't and you will have less stress. Your Ning 2.0 yes could do with a makeover but with regards to Ning 3.0 it has everything needed. There are a couple of themes that will fit you perfectly and as they are already responsive you will not have to worry about that. The design studio works a treat to get your site how you would like it. As you are a discussion based site the way you can create multiple instances of forums, blogs, articles etc could give you a new lease off life as will give you so much more scope for creating topics of interest etc. 3.0 is really easy to work with compared to 2.0, yes there are some differences but will soon be gotten used to.

You will also find that there is no reason to add any code at all to get your site looking great although yes for some custom things that may not exist you may had to add a few bits but it is really easy to add code in three compared to Ning 2.0.

Hope that helps a little

Bizz :-)  ( John )

• Hi John,

I did not recognize the username "Bizz"... been a long time! I appreciate your reply...

Yes, I am Finally going to make the jump!! In playing with the design studio- you are right on! I can see how much better my site can be...Don't know why it has taken me so long to make this decision!

Thanks for your help, believe it or not- it is your code for my groups that is one huge factor for migrating!

Suzie

• So OK, I am playing around in the design studio on the 3.0 that was designed many moons ago (4 yrs?) anyway... is there supposed to be something there when you click CONTENT MANAGER??? Mine says no files! Hhmmm?

• If you mean the Content Management this is for moderation and spam. This would be where there may be items waiting to be approved if you have set the approve before post in your pages. If you have set say the photos to be approved before they are posted then those would appear in the list. Also if you have some post that look like spam then they would appear in the spam tab. If you have not set the posts to be approved before they are posted then nothing will show there.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
6 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
6 hours ago
Aase Lillian updated their profile
6 hours ago
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
6 hours ago
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion