Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

NC for Hire

Long time, old friends. What's happened to this site? Has it been redesigned by someone at playschool?

Anyway, I see Ning are developing again, which is good to see after years of neglect.

A client got in touch recently to say his Ning 2 site wasn't looking right. On investigation I noticed that his background image had been resized from 1920px wide to 1400px wide. When I tried to re-upload the original 1920px version it was again resized to 1400px.

I tried this on Creators too. Same thing. Anyone know if this is a bug, an enhancement, an aberration?

Hope you're all well.

SP

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hello i have this problem on ning 3 some pictures in my gallery after ning did something now looks like  this >>> and im tired  they dont care they told me need to resize my slideshow in main gallery why? the proble ins in galleries no en the slideshow. 3239916?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Hi there!

Could you please provide me with the link to your network so I could check the case and report it to the tech team?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• NC for Hire

I've had to replace the background image with one hosted off the Ning servers so it works as expected. You shouldn't need to see it in action to realise that restricting image width to 1400px is pretty shoddy. Worse, to resize previously uploaded images that many sites rely on for design. I've never heard of anything so ridiculous, even by the standards of Ning's dodgy recent history.

• Hi there!

I have updated the existing complaint regarding the resize of the images and passed it to the management, and I hope when the CDN would be changed they will consider changing the resize, but I would be able to post accurate response only when they would make the final decision.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Finally others are letting them know. They looked at my tickets and didn't see what I saw.
  • NC for Hire
    They should limit file size not image size.
    • I 2nd this. File size won't deter people, but weirdly constrained photos will.
  • Does anyone have any code to combat this?

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Ron updated their profile
17 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion
Style Hack: How to Have Different Backgrounds for Different Groups
"still love this hack"
yesterday
Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Apr 12
Alina Langley updated their profile
Apr 12
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels