Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Migration to an Updated Site

Hi All,

I created baristaexchange.com on Ning back in 2008 and we have successfully grown to 17k+ users. I am looking to update our site (it's a bit dated) and I'm interested in all of the new features that Ning offers. However, I want to make sure we do this migration effectively without loosing momentum / being able to archive & design a new site while the current one is still running. Is there a way we can design in a sandbox before we switch over?

Thank you,

Matt Milletto 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

good luck... ive been waiting since 2013 to migrate..

• Is it possible Ning had a lot of other migrations going on at the time, and accidentally delayed yours?

• Migration from where?

• I've been waiting to migrate but it never happens :'(
    • I watched a video on migration today found under the blogs section. i  think you have to create a test network and then ask ning support to run the script for you. The woman said in the migration that it takes 5 days approximately for someone to work with you to make sure all the content and member profiles are there.

Maybe you just have to show the support people the video and they can check to see if they have the script on their end ready to go.

• "I watched a video on migration today found under the blogs section. i  think you have to create a test network and then ask ning support to run the script for you. The woman said in the migration that it takes 5 days approximately for someone to work with you to make sure all the content and member profiles are there."

That's all way outdated stuff from 2014.  'Migration' hasn't even been going on since then, as far as I have seen.

• Oh my. Well it did appear on the first page of the blogs, so I thought it was recent.

• I was one of the first migrations- the 3.0 never functioned properly!

• Maybe Ning improved the script behind the scenes since then.

• You are right Tim,

Our tech team is improving migration script when they have a bit of spare time as this task isn't the prioritized one for the moment. Basically, lot's of things has changed since 2015, for example only in 2017 Ning 3.0 has obtained events, videos features, and as the script has been created earlier there is no possibility to use it in order to transfer all this, so basically, we have to add completely new functionality into it.

Bets regards,

Ning Team.

This reply was deleted.

Latest Activity

Chad Bruns replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
Audio feature
"Where do I go to add this? I don't see it as an option. I also dont see an option for polls. Are th…"
40 minutes ago
J.Ayvar replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
Audio feature
"Our Members ( my favorite app ) will be happy with this update.  Thanks Ning !!!!!!!!"
3 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

Do you want to create successful business online? Follow influencers and reach your goals using…

Matt Milletto replied to Matt Milletto's discussion
Migration to an Updated Site
"So is there any recommended solutions to updating the site a bit, or is working within the older pl…"
5 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Selene Aswell's discussion
RSS Feed for a Group? Comment wall?
"One way I found you can do this is by using http://fetchrss.com/
Pull in the page you have the comm…"
7 hours ago
Trish Urquhart replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
Servers maintenance
"Hi
I've had a new problem today. 
See below for the page that people are directed to when they clic…"
9 hours ago
Holly Dilatush replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion
Moving Your Search Bar And Making it a bit bigger
"Hi Lj Cange,
I just changed any of the color codes in these lines (copied below) that I wanted to b…"
10 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

Start your business on the social network platform! Catch some tips&tricks you should know…

More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels