Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

FORUM

Migration to an Updated Site

Hi All,

I created baristaexchange.com on Ning back in 2008 and we have successfully grown to 17k+ users. I am looking to update our site (it's a bit dated) and I'm interested in all of the new features that Ning offers. However, I want to make sure we do this migration effectively without loosing momentum / being able to archive & design a new site while the current one is still running. Is there a way we can design in a sandbox before we switch over?

Thank you,

Matt Milletto 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

good luck... ive been waiting since 2013 to migrate..

• Is it possible Ning had a lot of other migrations going on at the time, and accidentally delayed yours?

• Migration from where?

• I've been waiting to migrate but it never happens :'(
    • I watched a video on migration today found under the blogs section. i  think you have to create a test network and then ask ning support to run the script for you. The woman said in the migration that it takes 5 days approximately for someone to work with you to make sure all the content and member profiles are there.

Maybe you just have to show the support people the video and they can check to see if they have the script on their end ready to go.

• "I watched a video on migration today found under the blogs section. i  think you have to create a test network and then ask ning support to run the script for you. The woman said in the migration that it takes 5 days approximately for someone to work with you to make sure all the content and member profiles are there."

That's all way outdated stuff from 2014.  'Migration' hasn't even been going on since then, as far as I have seen.

• Oh my. Well it did appear on the first page of the blogs, so I thought it was recent.

• I was one of the first migrations- the 3.0 never functioned properly!

• Maybe Ning improved the script behind the scenes since then.

• You are right Tim,

Our tech team is improving migration script when they have a bit of spare time as this task isn't the prioritized one for the moment. Basically, lot's of things has changed since 2015, for example only in 2017 Ning 3.0 has obtained events, videos features, and as the script has been created earlier there is no possibility to use it in order to transfer all this, so basically, we have to add completely new functionality into it.

Bets regards,

Ning Team.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

George H. Compton IV replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
Trick 3.0: Link to comment
"Hello Kyryl, two versions, optimized.. :) <!--  Kyryls - share links to the comments --><!-- Reload…"
10 hours ago
Naveen Jain replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
Polls are already available
"Polls do not show up on the home page for me. Checkout CUlytics.com.
Thanks"
yesterday
Ning via Facebook

Play your influencer marketing “A” game this holiday season:…

Ning via Facebook

Do you want your brand to be popular and be googled every day? Discover how to present it and…

Ning via Facebook

Hi again :) Our digest #5 is here for you! This week it is honored to the International Tea Day!…

Priest Wilson is now a member of Ning Creators Social Network
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
Cleanup on creators network
"Hi there!
You know this question is a bit complicated, some of the creators asking us to change the…"
yesterday
Thanks to everyone!
"Hi Steve,
Glad to know you liked it :-), but it's not the final version as I see from the comments…"
yesterday
Overview of Q3 and Ning Q4 2017 plan.
"Hi Tony,
Thanks a lot :-) The gif would describe my feelings better than words

via GIPHY
Best wis…"
yesterday
"Glad you have found it interesting :-)"
yesterday
"Update:
Just notice that I there was a typo "don't hesitate to post them in the replies", I have po…"
yesterday
Hippy replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
Cleanup on creators network
"Yep that's right leave 2.0 everything alone,
many of us still use 2.0 because it is still the best…"
Friday
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels