Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Migration to an Updated Site

Hi All,

I created baristaexchange.com on Ning back in 2008 and we have successfully grown to 17k+ users. I am looking to update our site (it's a bit dated) and I'm interested in all of the new features that Ning offers. However, I want to make sure we do this migration effectively without loosing momentum / being able to archive & design a new site while the current one is still running. Is there a way we can design in a sandbox before we switch over?

Thank you,

Matt Milletto 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

good luck... ive been waiting since 2013 to migrate..

• I've been waiting to migrate but it never happens :'(
    • This reply was deleted.
      • "I watched a video on migration today found under the blogs section. i  think you have to create a test network and then ask ning support to run the script for you. The woman said in the migration that it takes 5 days approximately for someone to work with you to make sure all the content and member profiles are there."

That's all way outdated stuff from 2014.  'Migration' hasn't even been going on since then, as far as I have seen.

• I was one of the first migrations- the 3.0 never functioned properly!

• This reply was deleted.
      • You are right Tim,

Our tech team is improving migration script when they have a bit of spare time as this task isn't the prioritized one for the moment. Basically, lot's of things has changed since 2015, for example only in 2017 Ning 3.0 has obtained events, videos features, and as the script has been created earlier there is no possibility to use it in order to transfer all this, so basically, we have to add completely new functionality into it.

Bets regards,

Ning Team.

• So is there any recommended solutions to updating the site a bit, or is working within the older platform the best for now? 

• Hi there!

You can change the design of your old site in order to update it. Unfortunately the transfer to the Ning 3.0 is not available right now, and basically, it would be necessary to have the 3.0 network on which you would wish to transfer the content and members. If you wish to start designing the website on the new platform you can simply create the new network from your account and start working on the design, but please don't forget to send me the link to it so I would make the sandbox from it. It's all needed just to make sure that when the migration would be opened you won't be losing your time and would be able to migrate in short terms as your site would be already ready for this. As plus I think the time while the migration isn't available could be spent to get used to the new platform as it's a bit different from the old one. 

Best wishes, 

Ning Team. 

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…