Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Replies

• Bounces get sent to an email address mail@ whatever your network name is.

I only discovered that recently 

• Are you able to access them?

I searched this site for "bounced" and the posts I found are from 2011, so Ning has been aware this was something at least some customers want.

• You need to set up your own email to pickup mail@networkname. I have a custom domain so it's easy 

• Any hints on how to do that would be appreciated.

• Hi Steve,

My site has a custome domain name - www.farinaforum.org
            The hosting company for the domain let you created any email address you like - e.g. eddie@farinaforum.org
            You can simply forward these emails to your regular email address - that all comes as standard with any domain hosting.

I discovered by accident that bounced broadcast emails were being sent to mail@farinaforum.org

I simply set up a forwarder to divert those to my regular email address.

• unfortunately our ning site uses the standard Nong. com format, reccenet.ning.com and the email address all website generated emails appear to come from are mail@reccenet.ning.com.

Since Ning is in control of the server as far as I know only they know the password for the account and any the email properties like port#s, POP3 or IMAP, etc...

• OK - so have you tried asking Ning support how to pickup the mail@ emails?

• Yes, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…