Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Back in the dayz I made themes for spruz. I was able to export css and html all in the same file for users to use. The same with ning 2.0 but the elements of 3 seem to be giving me issues.

1. I can export a file, but the html, txt or css does not re-import anywhere else, nor will the guts of the file, i.e. the css or html go back into another theme on site or elsewhere. Is the exporter broken?

2. I am looking for css to put about the avatar image. I want to make it glow. I think I am wanting a css style effect but I can find it no where.

3. I also want to make the layout wrap/per glow also, like have a whitish or greyish glow, gives one the feels of ghosts.

I know how to add others' css codes to the layout, but inspect element nor page source gives me the code needed for others in 3.0 if I want to share that layout with them. Skemanon generator is no use because it is not made for 3 and I did not build my theme like that. It would be great if css flow effects but be added to the design studio for all nings.

I am currently on a chromebook but I do have a windows laptop where I could use firebug, but that never made any sense to me.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That is sorta what I mean, but had forgotten the codes for these things, I have not themed with css and such since 2015 or so..still its a bit changed. Ning 2 had the classes in the codes, ning 3 does not. I assume its because designers like you can make some money, and ning looks sharp eh! lol

I need more of a fade out image of a ghost, or cloud but I am not sure how I could go about it. I am not sure opacity can be added to an overlay image of a button or class.

THanks for your help again. You probably do css in your sleep. lol

• All the classes can be seen by inspecting the thing you want to change using the browsers developer tools. Yes been with Ning for many years so am very familiar with how just about everything works and am quite an expert with Ning and it's css and getting it to do just about everything others want. No I make no money as I share all my code and tips for free ( by the way I do not work for Ning, just someone who likes to help out where I can ).

Yep can easily do that to make the image fade in. Will come up with a few options for you. By the way I am about to share some code that allows you to change the stars in the ratings for something else and can be different on other pages. For instance they could be a witches hat or something like that.

Yes sometimes I do see it in my sleep especially when working on a project or how I could make something work that another NC has asked for lol.

• I thought you may be an NC for Hire as well? My bad. You could probably be one tho if you wanted to be. Don't feel bad I have seen coding in my own sleep as well. lol It can be so frustrating to be with a site and want all the things and not have them even if you are paying out more money.

That would be cool a witches hat or a black cat or something.

• This one supposedly makes text glow:

glow {
                  font-size: 80px;
                  color: #fff;
                  text-align: center;
                  -webkit-animation: glow 1s ease-in-out infinite alternate;
                  -moz-animation: glow 1s ease-in-out infinite alternate;
                  animation: glow 1s ease-in-out infinite alternate;
                  }

@-webkit-keyframes glow {
                  from {
                  text-shadow: 0 0 10px #fff, 0 0 20px #fff, 0 0 30px #e60073, 0 0 40px #e60073, 0 0 50px #e60073, 0 0 60px #e60073, 0 0 70px #e60073;
                  }

But I want a glow effect for the avatar pics and I want one to make the layout the xg.wrap to glow. I know that css exists but where I can't find it.

This is an interesting page: https://css-tricks.com/animating-a-css-gradient-border/

I can't find the other page but it put a rainbow animation around the borders of an image.

Animating a CSS Gradient Border
                  This little trick for gradient borders is super useful:
                  • Ok no worries will get that to work for you, it's just a matter of attaching the classes to the code

• 10487407083?profile=RESIZE_584x

Still can not import an exported file back in, and I have css added now.

• NC for Hire

you have to work on... .navbar a {, if you want the results on the navigation bar

• I will try that txt file on one of my sites to check it

• Thank you :)

I found some decent css this morning, that works with our DS from jigsy.com which is a blog site. It also is the same stuff used by bravehost.com/bravenet.com which is a third party webhost and widgets place. They started out with FFALs and directories and counters go figure back in the late 90's lol makes me feel old. I made a couple of generalized blogger layouts that I think look great.

• I will add my profile themes back onto my demo site as this will give you some idea of just how much you can do with changing the way pages etc look on Ning.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Pam Givens replied to Pam Givens's discussion
Public home page
"Thanks Bizz - appreciate your help.
Pam"
2 hours ago
Bizz replied to Pam Givens's discussion
Public home page
"Yes you just set the required option in each of your pages in the social site builder, so you would…"
3 hours ago
Pam Givens posted a discussion
Is it possible to have a public home page and the navigation bar links and other pages private?Pam
4 hours ago
Oriel💞 updated their profile
16 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion
Amazing Tool to Automate Your Content Discovery, RSS and Sharing Community Content
"the single best tool in your Community Building process... RSS Ground"
20 hours ago
Time Saver: Your RSS Feeds for Location Tags on Ning
"just saved another 4 hours by leaving this tip up"
20 hours ago
Tip: Create Self Updating Content Widgets for your Community
"RSS Ground just got much better!"
20 hours ago
Oriel💞 updated their profile
yesterday