Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

FORUM

NC for Hire

Ning 2.0 Archive Support

If you need any support with your Ning Archive please feel free to contact me. I am a Ning for Hire Ning Creator since 2008. I recently discovered a very simple way to translate the JSON files in a simple way so you can easily view pages as HTML even with JSON code. There are some options available online but sometimes a guided systematic approach is the best.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thats cool garfield, thanks for letting folks know. The dificulty in backing up our sites ourselves can be frustrating. 

• NC for Hire

You are welcome. The archiver does a good job of archiving the different parts of the site but from then on it's basically an alphabet soup of json code that is sometimes ill formatted. I have been doing a lot of work recently with these kinds of files and have figured out a systematic way to translate the output, so I thought I'd let anyone who might be interested know.

• Hi

My site was never archived officially, but I can't believe it isn't "in there" somewhere. It went away when my autopay failed due to a banking problem and I was unaware of the mishap. Please tell me that some amount of trouble ($) might rescue it. It was pretty inactive and I was pretty busy with other stuff, but the few active members had posted some really interesting and possibly historical stuff. Let me down gently if there is no hope. Thanks, Barbara

• NC for Hire

Hi Barbara,

You are the cautionary tale most people will not take to heart. Every 2.0 Network should back up even if they don't plan on moving. There are changes going on behind the scenes that could impact Archiving functionality.

I am not sure what you mean by "in there". If the site is not accessible then there is nothing to hook into unless there was some prior archive I am sorry to say.

For those of you reading this please know there is no harm is backing up your network. You would not want to be in the position of having to regret doing this just in case a "situation" happens. It's best to do it and get it out of the way.

Barbara, perhaps you can restart your network if you pay again? I am not sure how long ago this happened for you.

• Hi Barbara,

I'm sorry to say but the network that you have mention on your profile here on createators has been already removed completely from the servers as it was offline for more then a year. So this one is non restorable unfortunately. However if we are talking about other network please provide me with URL so I could check if it still possible to restore it.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

This reply was deleted.

Announcements

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Gavin Brown replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
Changes on facebook, and new instructions how the app should be set up
"Thanks Kyryl, I've added you as a developer"
8 minutes ago
Fernando Bisbal replied to Fernando Bisbal's discussion
emails that do not arrive
"It's not a spam issue, we've verified it. If so, can not you do anything to remove NING from spam l…"
45 minutes ago
Matthew Aukai Wright replied to Jen's discussion
Make Your Image Avatars Stand Out On Home Page
"thank you so much kyryl. How can I make the border and stuff rainbow? "
3 hours ago
Matthew Aukai Wright replied to Elson Tan's discussion
[2/3.0 TIP] How to use Ning's User Profile Variable
"I want it to be the picture of the logged in member above the sign out link in the picture"
3 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Fernando Bisbal's discussion
emails that do not arrive
"Hi there!
Are you sure that none of our IPs are blocked by those email service providers? It's pret…"
4 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Elson Tan's discussion
"Hi there!
I'm not sure what exactly are you trying to do, where the picture should be added exactly…"
4 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Jen's discussion
"Hi there!
If you are ok with using this for every avatar on your network, you can use the following…"
4 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
"Hi there!
You can add me as the developer of the app so I could take a look what is wrong. To do th…"
4 hours ago
Gavin Brown replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
"I have completed the instructions above and made the app live. It's not working yet, I will give it…"
9 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion
"My pleasure :-)"
21 hours ago
Matthew Aukai Wright replied to Elson Tan's discussion
"Thanks so much Kyryl! :) How can I add the members profile picture at the top?"
22 hours ago
Matthew Aukai Wright replied to Jen's discussion
"Hi there Jen I am on ning 3.0 and it is not working for me. Do you think maybe you or somebody can…"
23 hours ago
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels