Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Respected forum members,

I have created one Ning 2.0 based social network for one of my client on January 29, 2013. Presently, the website has 812 valid members and it is related to physical education and sports. The ning plus hosting (Feb 27, 2015 - Feb 27, 2016) and domain name (at GoDaddy, Expired on 26/1/2016) is renewed at the wish of the client, but till now, the client has not paid the amount to me. The repeated phone call and emails are not doing any favour in this regard. Therefore, I would like to sell the social network to anyone who are interested to have a Ning 2.0 social network to cover my expenditure. Complete ownership of the domain and Ning Plus account will be offered to the buyer. If you are interested to buy the network, kindly drop one email to me at info@badanbarman.in

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is it making any money ? :) 

• Dear Jones,

I never displayed Google AdSense or any other advertisement over the website. If one does, then it will surely make money but I dont think that it would be sufficient to cover the price of Ning Plus hosting.

• ah right aha :) 
        thanks for getting back to me :) 

Wait ning 2.0 has all the features like a music player etc,right? do you think it would be possible, to copy those codes over to a 3.0 site ? :) 

• No the codes for those features cannot be copied from a 2.0 to a 3.0.

Now that Ning has said they will continue supporting 2.0 (for an unclarified lenght of time, I guess til they don't feel like it anymore or til they get 3.0 finished and thier migration process improved)...some folks might be interested in buying out a 2.0 whether it's making money or not.  Because it's finished and has the features like search, chat, events, archive/backup, videos, music player, moderators, etc.

Some people will buy a 2.0 from another creator and then delete everything off it and rebuild it as they like.   Once you have your ownership transferred to your via Ning 'paperwork', you can also switch it to any 2.0 level you want, and pay that price (probably lower than a 3.0, and with no membership number limits) - all 2.0 networks are still operating under the 2.0 payment/feature levels and plans, which are:

Notice with the cheaper plans you get fewer features.  The entire pricing/level structure was changed for 3.0.  The prices above are based on an annual payment. But you can also choose (or switch to) monthly payment which is slightly higher.  For example, a Pro network is $49/month if you buy a whole year in advance, but it's $59/month if you choose the monthly payment plan.  Given the current uncertain state of Ning, I'd advise changing to the monthly plan, as the TOS states there are no refunds for unused portions...unless you are merely switching levels in which case any excess is applied to your new plan.

• Dear Luke Jones, I hope Strumelia has clarified all the points. To be simple here are three important points about Ning 2.0 advantages.
            1. Ning 2.0 has more features than that of Ning 3.0.
            2. The price of Ning 2.0 is lower than that of Ning 3.0.
            3. Ning 2.0 is presently not available, buying from the existing owner is the only option left.

• Jesus, the pricing on 2.0 was less for more, and the pricing on the 3.0 is more for much less, its stupid aha

ah right, thanks :)

• Yep.  And us current 2.0 owners are still paying the same prices for our networks as you see above in the chart....a little more if monthly payments.  I've been paying $59/month for my Pro 2.0.   I may strip it of my members and content and just sell it in a few weeks.  Someone could then take it over and build it up as they like....at the same price rates and with ALL the 2.0 features included.  There's no telling how long ning will support the currently existing 2.0s, but then the very same can be said for ning's 3.0s as well.   =8-*

• Its stupid isn't it aha
  • NC for Hire

Just to make it clear. You are the Network Creator? You used your email to create the network and you will be able to transfer ownership as said Network Creator?

This is key as the Network Creator is the only person who can transfer ownership. As a contractor for your client, I just want to make sure it's your email and not theirs.

• Good question, Garfield!

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Dan Lee replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Video Issues Again For Embed Videos Showing Blank Box
"ANY FIX FOR THE COLOR OF THE TEXT, FOR THE NEW VIDEO FEATURE? WHEN I ADDED IT TO MY HOME PAGE I GOT…"
1 hour ago
Garfield Archivist replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning: Is it possible to enable the comments form on posted videos like we can for photos in activity feed.
"Me Three"
3 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning: Is it possible to enable the comments form on posted videos like we can for photos in activity feed.
"i second that"
3 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

#inspirewithNING #dj Feel inspired with cheerful spring and joyful minutes, filled with sounds…

Kos replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"What, in 2.0 themes, do you want Tony?  Most can be replicated with simple CSS.  Can you be more sp…"
10 hours ago
Kos replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning: Is it possible to enable the comments form on posted videos like we can for photos in activity feed.
""
10 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Videos Playing In Activity Feed, check it out on my site, Now shows photos to ( Updated: 27-04-17 )
"Added some more updates on this so it works with photos now also."
11 hours ago
Tim Frank replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Thank you for the answer. My only regret is that it took just short of a month to get an empathetic…"
14 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning- Your design studio widget images are not loading
"Thanks, John,
I have posted the info about the fix of the embedded videos under more appropriate po…"
16 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Video Issues Again For Embed Videos Showing Blank Box
"Yes I noticed that but I don't think that's a big issue as at least the embeds are working now and…"
16 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Video Issues Again For Embed Videos Showing Blank Box
"Hi John,
Yes you are right the issue with embedded videos has been fixed, however, it's only workin…"
16 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning- Your design studio widget images are not loading
"Thanks for the update Kyryl, and I also see the embed videos images have also been fixed up. Nice w…"
17 hours ago
Tony Rosa replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi, i like it because some Ning 2 themes are very useful to some networks like for example Urban Te…"
17 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi, Tony!
As I know the new themes are not in the plan in Q2, but I'll post the suggestion to creat…"
17 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi, Tim!
We do apologise for the misunderstanding, unfortunately, our ticket system could have clos…"
18 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning- Your design studio widget images are not loading
"Hi, John!
The issue with the picture on the buttons in widgets in the design studio has been resolv…"
18 hours ago
Sarah Kerkman and Max G joined Ning Creators Network
18 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

#unitewithNING #social Facebook and Twitter popularity is the well-known fact. Nothing keeps…

Tim Frank replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"I am really happy that Ning is moving forward again. I hope that some of the improvement will focus…"
yesterday
Tony Rosa replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi,
In Q2 will there be the opportunity to choose between old themes similar to Ning 2 or similar?"
yesterday
More…