Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Ning 3.0 Group members CSV file

I can't believe I am posting a tip/trick as if I am a web developer but here is something I think Creators will find useful. Soon Ning will solve this issue but until then here is a way out.

until NING solves a very needed issue of our group members list.

Currently we do not have a way to get the members list from a specific group so you can email them seperately via another system such as Mailchimp. 

Members CSV File

The first step is to download your members CSV file from your Member Management section of the Admin Portal.

Make sure your settings is on Active members as I have made this mistake in the past. 

Your next step is to look in the bottom right hand side near your pagination and you will see the link for your CSV file to be retrieved.

Once Ning emails you your file, open it to Microsoft Excel.

Group Members

Your next step is to go to the group you want to get the list of and go to the Members management of the Group.

There will be no CSV file in here so you are going to have to drag and over the text of each page and copy once it is highlighted.

Fortunately this will past into excel. Go back to your Excel file and click the second tab.

Copy your group members results in cell A1. Great that part is done but yeah I know, no email addresses, hold on.

VLook up

You will have to do a Data search called a vlookup to compare data from Table 1 to give you results in Table 2. Here is what the formula will look like  =VLOOKUP(C2,memberdata!A1:M1066,3,FALSE)

Don't get scared as microsoft has a wizard to help you with this. Erase the last two columns of Role and Joined if you wish, as they are just a distraction to our process. 

Click in the row after your last column Header and name that column Email and click in row 2 below it.

Now lets start the magic. Go to Formulas tab and then Lookup and References. Scroll down until you see VLookUP and the dialogue wizard will open.

Select cell C2 from your Groups List as this will represent your usernames unless you made username another column and row for some reason.

for the second answer to the wizard go to the memberdata Tab and select your whole table that NING provided.

Your third answer is 3 as it represents the column where your email addresses are at.

Last answer is False. I dont understand it JUST TRUST ME. False 

Hit enter and Bam there you go!!! and email associated with a Group username.

From there, Drag the Formula Down or double click the bottom right of your cell and excel will populate the rest of the results.

Now from here, yall should be able to handle it. Save as CSV

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Saturday
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Saturday
Alina Langley updated their profile
Saturday
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels