Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

NING - Mobile App!

Hi all... I was wondering if we could get some support for the idea of a NING mobile app.

I believe we could highly increase our membership if we had an option to turn our networks into a mobile app as the majority of people browse the internet from their cell phones.

Would anyone else be interested in this?

PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN, NING!

*Keep up the good work.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think that to the extent that communities are responsive this is unnecessary.

• Some people would rather click an app icon than open a browser and open up a website...

• I understand Brandyn, which is why you do an applet instead which gives a conveinent icon to click and quickly go to the site.

• How do you do that? Know of any apps that make it easy? Will my applet be able to exists on sites that allow for app downloads? That is the main thing... lots of people search apps. For our website to appear with app providers would be huge.

• AppgyserHere

FREE App Creator. Create Apps for Android. No Coding Required.
            Convert any web content into an Android App using AppsGeyser - The Free Android App Maker. Build Your Own App for Free and Make Money.
            • Will this service refresh current content and allow users to log in and add content to your website? Have you or anyone you know used it before? Thanks! I hope it works.

• Hi Brandyn,

I don't think that the integration you are looking for is possible without the API available from our side, unfortunately :-(

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Yes it’s just a hosting whatever updates on your site will update through this app 

• @Thisisbully - I love AppsGeyser! I highly recommend them! But there is only one problem, I  was able to open my app once or twice but after that my app keeps foreclosing and I am not sure if it is just me or NOT. I wrote a letter to the support people and they sayed to delete the app and the apk file from my phone and I did that and I restarted my phone and I rebuilt my app and downloaded the apk file to my phone and it still kept foreclosing. I was wondering did you make, build and use your app from AppsGeyser, If you did - Did you app keep foreclosing too? 

• I seriously need this!!! Will most likely leave Ning if they don't get their act together on this front.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…