Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

I am the creator of a NING 2.0 Network.  I back up our site using Adobe AIR, the NING instructions on how this works can be found here: https://www.ning.com/help/install-the-ning-network-archiver-on-your-computer/. ;

Today, I tried to sign into the service and it rejected my credentials as being incorrect.  I know this cannot be the case, as I am using those same credentails to log into my site and this site.  The issue appears to be on NING's side.  I've opened support ticket 1887537 to track this.  I'm starting this thread to learn if other creators of 2.0 networks are unable to use that service.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there!

Thanks for starting this discussion, as I have wanted to do it myself. Please be informed that archiver is no longer supported.

I do apologize for any inconveniences this decision might cause.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• !!!   

Why was this decision made?

• We should have been notified this feaure was being discontinued. I hope we can sill request a full export as documentied on the Archive page? 

3240318?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Hi Matt!

In order to avoid any misunderstandings, you are still able to use Archiver to export the data of your network, however, we are no longer updating it or fixing any issues related to its work.

Also if it's necessary to export more then 10000 content items you can still contact us to remove this limit.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

• But if we can not login, then the Archiver function is disabled?

• Hi there!

If you are not able to log in more likely you are using wrong login details. Also, it's possible that some old email hasn't been updated in the database. In such situation, I can just to try to change the email of the network creator in order to reset the email in the database.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

• @Kyryl. From what you've written, it reads like the database that controls access to the archiving function is not the same as the database that allows us to log into our actual websites.  But ...if that is the case, then how does changing the email of the network's creator force a reset?

• hello, i can not log in on the Archiver?
            when i use the login data i use at ning or creators network?
            (invalid email or password is the answer?! Is not true)
            and when click on 'contact us' dos not work?

so please can someone help? how i log in ?

• Hello, i want to tho this what you say: export the data of my network, more dan 10.00 content items. 

can you tell me how i do that? i dont use wrong login details or else can you change the email of the network creator, because i cant change?

• ning changed my network creator email but archiver still dos not work.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…