Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Ning. Open your Mind

I took care to carefully see what Ning offers and what our site needs. It is a professional observation made with respect.
Ning is one step away from offering what has never been seen before. But it seems to focus on things that do not change the experience of the members with our site. Here it is.

Help us engage our users. this is the most important at all.

Create a reward system for member actions. Earn points by sharing, commenting like etc

Be withe label again. Do not force the Ning logo on our site. So we can sell ads and look more professional for the eyes of our sponsors and our members. It's important to looks unique. 

Move the add photo button to the right place. Today the way 90% of people can not find it.

Integrate with Facebook like sharing, enjoying, commenting and all features. ( It's few years that does not not working )

Create a layout that are beautiful. The sites offered by Ning are the ugliest on the market.

Do not limit plans with bandwidth or space for uploads.  It makes it seem wrong to grow up. 90% of the companies today offer unlimited space. The world changed. We grow, Ning Grow

Do what you say you will, so that helps we trust Ning again.

These are truly important points. I do not think they should invest time in things like analytics because google Analytics works perfectly. Do not waste time on what already exists or will not change the members' experience. 

PS: The photo I send in attached, shows one thing that you offer and do not deliver

Screen%20Shot%202017-07-14%20at%2011.18.38%20AM.png

Best regards,

Fabrício Giugni

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would like to see all of these thing for my 2.0 site.  Thanks for making that list Fabricio.

• Move the add photo button to the right place. Today the way 90% of people can not find it.

I've been asking for this since I migrated 2 years ago .There response oh we're going to pass it to our team but it's not on the list of things they have in their plans
    • Hi there!

I'm not sure why have you decided that the moving adding that button isn't in our plans, probably I have made you think so somehow if so I do apologize for this misunderstanding. 

We are right now on the step where it's necessary to choose where such button should be placed. In the post that you have posted, basically because of which I have created the suggestion in our task tracking system you have mentioned that it should be placed in activity feed directly, so the person could add the photo or for example blog post just like it's made on facebook with their timeline so it's the first place where it could be added.

Regarding the add photo button separately, if such button in activity would be available whether there will be any need in adding the button on the profile page of each page so they could add the photo from profile page as well.

Also, there is another place where such button could be added, just at the top of the site near search so the members will be able to add any type of the content from any page of the network, however, we do understand that this probably not the best as it would appear that there are too many buttons at the menu bar.

That's why actually there is the other idea. For example, there could be the button to the right side of the screen which is fixed and even when you are scrolling it stays in its place.

Please share your thoughts about all from above, as we don't wish to add the button in a place where it's not needed.

Thanks,

Ning Team.

• My opinion it should be added in the status box and comment boxes in the groups too
      • I just had a new member yesterday left a status asking if he can post pics .Its how confusing the platform is ,then went to my competitors and post photos with no problem
        • Add the button to the right side of the screen which is fixed and even when  i am  scrolling it stays in its place is a Great Idea.0241.png

by the other hand , adding  it in the feed is not a bad idea but it is not very original i think.

• This reply was deleted.
        • I imagine a button that appears on each page and have an option to hide it in case it seems annoying for some users.

To solve the problem with the small screens could be transferred to the footer part of each page on mobile device.

3239831?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Hi there!

I'll post the reply under Javier's post but it doesn't matter that the answer is related only to him. So J.AyvarBizz ( John )Thisisbully thank you all for spending your free minute and sharing thoughts with us regarding this question.

I have combined together all points raised by you and passed them to the management, I hope they would choose the best solution for the platform. As of me, the best one is when it's possible to post from the status bar as it's more familiar to users.

Thanks again,

Ning Team.

• Thanks!
This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…