Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Ning's Facebook App Will Be Outdated October 9, 2017

I received an e-mail from Facebook for developers stating that the Ning sign-in app that uses Graph API v2.4 will be outdated on October 9, 2017. Will Ning, or the JanRain service that they use, upgrade their service to be compatible to Graph API v2.5 or higher before October 9, 2017?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, Brian!

I'm using Facebook API v2.10 on my test network for sign in/sign up and it' s working like it should, however the instructions to install it have been changed a bit, and you can check them here https://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/facebook-integration-instruc....

Also, please note that if you integrate the new sign in/ sign up facebook API the members who have joined by using your old API would have to confirm that they are ok with passing their profile details from the facebook once again during first sign in after you have changed the API. So it could be necessary to warn your members that such thing might happen in order to avoid any misunderstandings.

Best wishes,

Ning Team. 

• Does Facebook integration. Instructions talk about how to upgrade to a newer API?

Facebook integration. Instructions
      Hello to everyone! Unfortunately, the guide which is presented on the networks regarding the implementation of the Facebook API is outdated, so I hav…
This reply was deleted.

Latest Activity

Fabricio Giugni replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion
Ning Or Gamification website? Felling hopelees,
"Hi, Alex_Ning_Support,

It just the way it is. 
Obviously you are not aware of the problem. The sha…"
23 minutes ago
Alex_Ning_Support replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion
SSL Solution
"Hi Gerry,Unfortunately, for Ning 2.0 networks we don't provide SSL certificate yet. If you see agai…"
3 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

More interesting topics, lists and recommendations! Any ideas about new articles in the Ning…

Gerry Emery replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion
SSL Solution
"Oddly enough, last week several times on my Ning, it showed it was on a Secure Server, with https:/…"
8 hours ago
Alex_Ning_Support replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion
Ning Or Gamification website? Felling hopelees,
"Hi Fabricio,I've noticed that you already have the Facebook app which works for Sign Up/Sign In. I…"
20 hours ago
Aaron Chacker and Kiruba joined Ning Creators Social Network
20 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

Social networking can really help you relax and feel optimistic! Learn useful tips from the…

Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion
SSL Solution
"Hi, Marco! 
We'll email you about your network as well. Please stay in touch via email corresponden…"
yesterday
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels