Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

The latest in the wierd world of Ning is that "custom fonts" can lead to a post being rejected with an error massgae. Really?

This came after my members started getting error messages when trying to post to the forum, as below:

I reported the cae to Ning (by email becuase the support function is no longer working on my site). My email was the following:

Please see user message below

HoL Admin

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Re: XXXX provided feedback on your website
Date: 25 April 2019 at 01:56:35 BST
To: xxxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks Chris. Sorry you’ve been having problems.

I’ve just tried adding a post and it worked for me. So, I’m not sure what’s happening your end. I’ll go ahead and report it to out platform hosts and see if they can sort it out.

Sorry to ask, but are you able to send me a screenshot of the error message and say which device and browser you’re using?

Many thanks

On 24 Apr 2019, at 14:04, xxxxxx wrote:

xxxxxxxx provided the following feedback on Harringay online:

Sorry guys, third time in two days I have an error message when trying to add a for sale listing.

Network: xxxxxx
User: xxxxxxxx
Email: xxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk <mailto:chrisflorey@yahoo.co.uk>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:66.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/66.0

The reply I got was 

Hello,

We kindly ask you to specify the issue you are faced with.
Also, it seems from the message that the site is working properly at the moment.
Please, specify your request so we can assist you.

Best regards,
Customer Support

To which I replied

Not a helpful reply. I’ve specified the problem as much as I’m able at the moment. I think the user stating that they get an error message when trying to post the the forum is quite clear. And you know as well as I do that just because we can’t immediately reproduce a problem doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist.

Their response at this stage was the one which left me flabbergasted:

Hello, Please, specify with the user what exactly he is trying to post. He mentioned the listing but we need the text of it. It may not be posted due to the emoji, custom fonts or signs. Our platform does not support them. This is the main reason for all the error messages during posting.
Best regards,
Customer Support

The incident I reported wasn't a one off and it's recent. So either my users have suddenly started to use custom fonts or Ning broke yet another something in the back-end.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A lot of my members post goes to spam no matter what they post mostly videos 

• Hello,

Please, specify whether posts includes some text beside the video. Also, the pages where the posts are made.

If the video was posted as the link with no additional text it may be the reason for the spam marking.

Best regards,

The Ning Team 

• NC for Hire

Having the same exact problem..

• As in members not being able to post?

• Hello,

We do apologize for the misunderstanding.

Custom fonts are those that are not listed on the platform. Also, emojis or special signs are not supported. In order to investigate this, we asked you to provide us with the example of the text your member is trying to post. And we are sorry, that our replies were not clear.

If it is possible, please send us a text to support@ning.com and we will check it.

Best regards,

The Ning Team 

• I did, through support.

It was just simple text and a picture.No custom font. He eventaully managed to get it posted here.

• Hello,

The link you sent includes a post with a picture and text.

In such cases, it is better to provide us with the whole post/text that needs to be posted so we can investigate this properly and provide you with a detailed answer. You always can do this using our direct email address support@ning.com

Best regards,

The Ning Team 

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…