Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

I mentioned ages ago - when Ning3 first got a dedicated Events page - that members had complained that it was mandatory to upload an image to an Events post. Ning2 have a default image that appears if you don't upload one yourself. I got the response that that was a good idea, and Ning would look into it - but nothing ever came of it. Can we please have a default image - preferably one we can provide ourselves - rather than insist on members uploading an image every time they post an event?

(Incidentally, it would also be good in an Events post to be able to link to a URL rather than upload an image from your computer, just as you can in Forum posts).

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello!

Probably you have discussed it with the representative of the previous NING Team, that was in charge of the project before September 2016. I do not see any similar feedbacks in our system now, so I will definitely report it. If we receive enough suggestions from other Network Owners our Project Team will consider adding such option in the nearest future. 

Bets regards,

The NING Team

• Thanks, Anastasia. But I would hardly think the suggestion needs backing up by lots of other network owners, does it? It's just a matter of bringing the Ning3 Events page in line with the features provided by the Ning2 Events page.

• Hi!

I understand where you are coming from, but taking in the following task means pushing back other updates and releases that we are already working on according to the approved by management product plan. And if it is not a high demand from the network owners, unfortunately, such an update will not be highly prioritized.

Best regards,

The NING Team

• This reply was deleted.
    • Thank you so much, Bizz. That would be great. Sorry for slow reply (partly because of problems accessing the Creators' Forum).

• Hi Bizz,

Just wondering if you ever did look through your old codes for something that would enable Ning 3 networks to have a default image that is uploaded to event posts if the poster doesn't supply one, just like Ning 2?!  Many thanks.  Annabel

• I've just re-instated our Events page after some months of not having one (Covid-related issue), and find that STILL Ning have not provided a default image for Event posts. My last complaint was 2 years ago. How much time do Ning need to do such a simple task???!!! Some of our users are not very good at uploading images (they complain 'it's not as easy as Facebook ...'), so it would make our site SO much more user-friendly if they do not have to do so.

Alternatively, I wonder if anyone else on this site could provide some code that I could use for this? I would be so, so grateful!

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…