Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Other possible future modules?

I love improvement. I was thinking of some things I have used on other social networks and how they may look good on ning.

1. Link Directory
  2. Craigslist or marketplace listing page module
  3. Large aggregated Feed RSS page or widgets
  4. Rate pictures/Wink/Poke/Matchup module (dating websites)
  5. Games page/arcade
  6. Add selling to groups/market place in groups
  7. Ability to add watch parties aka like facebook live
  8. Ad's placement and ability to allow member's to pay for and rent ad space and upload ad's to their profile or some parts of the website. (Not google adsense - their own banners/urls for diff like minded sites) (OSSN and Groupanic and Yooco allow this)
  9. Birthday modules should come haunt us from their 2.0 cousins
  10. Ability to edit things on the front end!
  11. Ability to add, drag and drop and theme profiles/widgets and others groups to showcase individuality on the network.
  12. Ability to force chat bar to be on for free or all members.
  13. Ability to notify members to login and post if they have been inactive for set number of days
  14. Ability to limit set number of pics, videos, and other modules for free account members
  15. Last Login Critera on member's profile and widget
  16. Recent Logins or Visits from member's module as well as Online Now member modules
  17. Click to Chat with Member on Member Profile (Similar to Oxwall plugin)
  18. Fan Pages, mini social profiles for those who have stores/products/etc.
  19. Chat, Newsfeed, Comments section with emoji, hashtag and @mention responsive
  20. Promote Yourself / Ad placement module that allows user to upload ad's for their website for limited time frame. (Kinda like an Oxwall plugin)

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• you want a lot...... //---just these ?????

• NC for Hire

most of the things you listed here are already possible....dig in reverse back through my discussions over the years...everything is possible with ingenuity...

here is what i know to already be possible from this list:  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,16,17,18,19

• +1 JFarrow !

• Hi, could you kindly direct me to the conversation(s) where you suggested solutions to items 17 and 19?

In particular, I'd really like to have some way of facilitating live conversations (IRC/Mattermost-style) among members of a certain group on my Ning platform. I know there's already a "live chat" module, but it's highly defective - for one, it doesn't show new messages by default on the PC version of Ning; and you have to pick the members with whom you want to chat one by one - there doesn't seem to be a way to establish an "open channel" per discussion group, for instance.

So if you had workarounds for this, AND @mention-responsiveness, I'd be highly interested!

• You have to be already in the chat room to get the notification.So in other words if you've never been in the chat on Pc the chat bar won't the there for you to see the notifications..

• Hmm. On my platform, even when I'm a member of a chat room, no notifications show up when a new message is posted - on the PC version! But they do show up on my mobile phone version...

I contacted the Ning support staff about this a couple of times, and here was their latest reply:
          "Thank you for your suggestion! I've passed all the details to our management so we can consider improvements! Hopefully, this can be implemented in our next update."

(5 months ago)

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Myron Dewey updated their profile
16 hours ago
Bizz replied to Bizz's discussion
Tip: PROFILE THEMES
"Thanks buddy, yep moved onto the layouts now and have added page sizes now so users can choose how…"
yesterday
Annabel Gregory replied to Bizz's discussion
GETTING REALLY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS !!
"We are having the same problems here - also in the UK - we keep getting this pop-up"
yesterday
Bizz replied to kostasgr's discussion
RSS OFF..///--.ning_3...///
"Jfarrow has lot's of cool stuff for rss feeds etc, check him out as may be able to help"
Sunday
kostasgr replied to Bizz's discussion
"Bizz ! .. we should all mention it .... and the internal RSS feeds do not work are all off ...and t…"
Sunday
Bizz replied to Bizz's discussion
"Glad to see you added this to the forum as well so at least they know it's network wide and not jus…"
Sunday
kostasgr replied to kostasgr's discussion
RSS OFF..///--.ning_3...///

"
Sunday
Sunday
"hi Bizz ..!!...And I have the same problem ... I have +++ and the RSS interiors do not work ... the…"
Sunday
Bizz posted a discussion
Whatever Ning has done or is doing is causing a lot of problems and it's getting really annoying. N…
Saturday
kostasgr posted a discussion
Hi !! ... does anyone know any code ?? Because they told me they did a renewal .. the ning ..and th…
Saturday
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Bizz's discussion
Tip: PROFILE THEMES
"great work Bizz... coming along nice!"
Friday
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels