Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Paid Access 2017

Does anyone know if Ning is considering the Stripe payment gateway for the new Paid Access feature that they say will launch Q2 2017? In the past, Paid access was only compatible with Paypal, but Paypal requires that paying monthly site subscribers also sign up for a Paypal account. That's a major deterrent for potential subscribers. Stripe does not require monthly subscribers to sign up for Paypal. Does anyone else agree that Ning should launch the new Paid Access feature with Stripe compatibility in addition to Paypal?

-Aubrey

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• idk if Ning is considering Stripe or not but yes, a few of us have brought it up and I'm hoping they implement it.  PayPal is great but there certainly are visitors who don't want to sign up for an account.  Stripe makes it painless.

• I just added stripe payment using formget.com.

• Naveen, please tell me more. Were you able to integrate Stripe with your Ning site in a way that requires people to pay as part of the signup process? 

• Good point, Stripe is awesome. 

• Hi there,

We plan to initially release the PaidAccess for Ning 3.0 with PayPal and credit card support, however as we move on more and more payment methods will be supported. Currently, we are looking into more options so please stay tuned, as you can expect a preview of paid access with some insights in the nearest future.

Sincerely yours,

Ning Team.

• Thanks for the response Kyryl, but based on Ning's history of not launching things on time, I can't rely on your statement. For all we know, it will take you guys years to implement Stripe, or you'll never implement it at all. I think launching Paid Access with only Paypal is a huge mistake. I was really hoping all the updates Ning promised for Q1 would be reason enough for me to come back to Ning after five years of being away. But considering what I've seen and learned about Ning in the past week, I think I've decided to build my network with Moosocial. They aren't perfect, but they seem to be meeting a lot of the demands Ning is still failing to meet. 

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Ning via Facebook

#createwithNING Each online community is unique and special. What`s YOUR secret of network…

Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi Stanislav,
I do apologise for the misunderstanding. It seems that my colleague has decided that…"
8 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kevin Acosta's discussion Photo uploads being auto resized
"Hi there!
The same question has been mentioned in this discussion http://creators.ning.com/forum/to…"
8 hours ago
Sherry Ritchie and James joined Ning Creators Social Network
9 hours ago
Stanislav replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Kyryl, here is my ticket log with Anastasia, from which I understood I need to create new page and…"
10 hours ago
Aubrey Williams replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Thanks for the response Kyryl, but based on Ning's history of not launching things on time, I can't…"
11 hours ago
Aubrey Williams replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Naveen, please tell me more. Were you able to integrate Stripe with your Ning site in a way that re…"
11 hours ago
Kevin Acosta replied to Kevin Acosta's discussion Photo uploads being auto resized
"Well, even the FULL SIZE 38.5" x 36" poster that I attache was scaled down, so now that doesn't eve…"
20 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Hi there,
We plan to initially release the PaidAccess for Ning 3.0 with PayPal and credit card supp…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Naveen Jain's discussion Wiki like functionality in Ning
"Hi there!
Unfortunately, we don't have the module on our platform that would be working in the way…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi there!
Thanks for the question.
No, you don't have to create the new network each time the new f…"
yesterday
Matt replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Good point, Stripe is awesome. "
yesterday
ASDKFljflkj is now a member of Ning Creators Social Network
yesterday
Alliance replied to Alliance's discussion Profile members on MY Page
"Thanks so much for this help things look sooooo much better now."
yesterday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Alliance's discussion Profile members on MY Page
"You could also try this which I have on my site just now for testing. This will adjust the avatar s…"
Sunday
"As matrix items are shared with other parts of the network if you add that then this would affect t…"
Sunday
Stanislav replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi, I'm waiting you to implement all new features to the Network in Q2 and want to start my network…"
Sunday
"Thank you 
Right now I have a big space between each item. Following that same logic, the container…"
Sunday
"You can adjust the avatar sizes with this, just change the width to the size required.
.section-mem…"
Saturday
"I cant believe no one has this issue but me and have not solved this."
Saturday
More…