Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Before i joined Ning, i saw a tutorial on how to make your site a membership site, using the paid access feature. Now that I have created my site, the option isn't showing up for me. The tutorial looks outdated compared to my menu screens so it appears paid access is no longer a feature. Is this true? If not, how do I find it?

And my goal was to have about 4 or 5 membership sites, but now that I'm on Ning I don't see any way to create another page. Can you only have the one? To have multiple sites, would I need to pay the same amount for a whole new account & page? I know Fresh Member gives you unlimited amount of membership sites for $30 a month so I might have to go with them.

These are dealbreakers for me, if I can't have multiple pages with paid access, I will have to go through Fresh Member.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You saw a tutoral for old Ning 2.0. New ning sites are all 3.0.There is no paid access on ning now.

You can have asmany ning sites as you want but  you need to pay for each seperate one.

• Paid access is one thing Ning should be adding to 3.0 sites this year. 

Create another page.  You've got me confused by this.  You can create pages by going to site builder and clicking "+ Add a Page".  This page can be in custom format, blog layout, forum design, photo, etc.   It sounds like you need to scroll though the 3.0 help center to get more acclimated.  It's super simple once you get a grasp of the overall concept.  By the way, you can have several different blogs, several forums.  You['ll see

• But when you just add a page, it's still under your main (only) site, which already has a name. i have about 4 or 5 entirely different topics i want to build sites around so I can't have them all listed under a different name.

• Im confused too. I think ? you r talking about building several different sites with different domains for one price, not just making simple 'pages', is that corect?   If that is what you mean then on ning you would have to pay separately for each site.

On a platform like Jamroom for example, you can use thier HOSTED option and you have a server maintaned by them but you canput various domains on it and run as many jamroom sites on  that server as you want at no extra cost- you own the platform. make the server as big or small as you need for yuour size sites.. you pay monthly for the server only and the platfrm and plugins features all free with it.

And of course FB is free!  lol  WP is pretty good to for some uses.

Have youthought about using different GROUPS on your ning site to run kind of mini sites ?

• Michelle yes, I imagine if you want different sites on completely different subjects which are unrelated, then Ning won't work for you.  With Ning you get one site (o/c you can build others but they're all billed separately).

Now if your subjects are somehow related to an overall topic, Ning is good to go.

Let's say you have

• Earth
        • Moon
        • Stars
        • Sun
        • Astrology

They could all be Groups inside a larger 'Astro' website.  With 3.0 you can even create separate blogs for each and within each blog, the topics would 'stick' to the blog topic.

Does this help at all?  Give us more info on what you're thinking - or send me a direct message and I'll help out as best I can.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…