Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

I really need to add advertising to my site. Members are asking to be able to advertise. My URL is http://iantiqueonline.ning.com/I need help with following...

1. Id like to look at similar sites that have added small buttons that link to advertisers site. If you have done this can you share your site URL so I can look at.

2. I need a way to create advertising "buttons" or ads . What is a good way to develop small "buttons" that one could click on?

3. I would like to know what people are  charging for advertisers and where do they post the advertisers...on main page, on pages?I have 20,000 members.

4. Anyone who is interested in helping me and making suggestions is welcome. I am not at this time looking for an outside consultant. Just looking for help from someone who was once as clueless as me and now can adviseme  further. At a later time I sure need help fixing this ancient looking site. But for now with no income generated and a one person show...I've got too much on my plate.

All help appreciated.

Dianne  

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Diane I would recommend using Pixlr to design your buttons because I'm certain you'll want each one 'unique' to each members and what they're selling.  Upload an image your member wishes to utilize, crop or adjust the size to your 'fit', add wording and save.  There are ton of youtube videos out there to help get you accustomed to the actions.

Then just upload the image where you wish at your site and add the members URL to the photo

• Thanks Kos...what is your site?  Do you have advertising?

Dianne 

• No, I'm not big on ads.  Mine are both 99% member contribution

http://theconstitutionalconservatives.com

http://stockbuz.net

• Kos are those both NING sites? WOW Im in a Dinosaur phase on my site.  How do you get member contribution.

• Yep, they're mine.  To be honest we had long conversations on the costs involved with the site and the various tasks I encounter in running it.  Things from 'fixing' headlines and posts that are wonky, adding tags and meta data, removing duplicate posts (yeah, we get those), monitoring Google stats, updating Facebook/Twitter, sending invites to those who 'like' us there, etc.

o/c I was paying for Chat back then so that was an additional expense too.

But we talked a/b 'what' we were all contributing (or learning) on each site and they admitted why they loved it over all the thousands of similar sites out there in our niche. 

When it came down to it, even if I was paid $5/hour, I'd be making $$$ but they had to realize I wasn't going to continue to do it for free.  I could go out and find donors,  I could block some areas and demand a 'fee' for entry, I could sell email addresses and be one of those people I hated..........or they could help me. 

They truly had no idea how much time and effort was put into what they "saw" in front of them.  Then there's the design changes, contests we ran, the flyers I'd design, the brochures, the petitions I'd design, the newsletters, coding, etc. 

Again, they were blown away.

You should sit and write it all down. Give yourself 1-2 weeks and you'll see the list continue to grow.  You'll be amazed yourself with how much you contribute.

So the regulars opened up their wallets and donated.

I have a few that contribute big time like clockwork every year to say thank you for what they're learning (and earning).

• Oh wow, yeah, I just looked.  You definitely need a re-design.  Ouch!

• btw sure, I'd be happy to help you out with a re-design once you get this situation repaired.  One thing at a time...............

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…