Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Hi,

My members are complanning that the photos are changing colors when they upload. Is not all but must of then.
As my networks is foro photographers it is realy a problem for us.
Why is changing  like that. See exemplo. I getting some green.. The skin tone is gone

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there!

After the picture has been uploaded it's getting rendered, into smaller resolutions. During this rerender the colors could be changed by the program a bit. The changes of the resolutions are necessary in order to increase the loading speed of teh networks. Let's imagine that the member of your network has uploaded the profile picture, mostly on the pages the size of the avatar is 48*48 pixels. If the site would be loading the picture that has been uploaded by the user it would cause huge losses in speed since the original picture was, let's say 1024*768. So instead of teh original picture, we are placing the rerendered one with the less size.

We do apologies of the changes in the colors are causing issues for your network, but this is the necessary step to keep the loading speed on teh acceptable level.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi,

Yes I understand, but it does not change color anywhere else. Can you check if you can fix it?

We test the same phots in many diferent plataform. only here is changing colors... 

Aphotographer is a artist. They will never accept it couse they take many hours on each photo to get colors right.

check it out the knid of work we are talking about:

http://gplay.com.br/fotografia/list/featured

Fotos destacadas - Fotos - Inspire-se, desafie-se, mostre seu trabalho.
      G play. Comunidade para fotógrafos e concurso fotográfico. Inspiração para sua fotografia. Dicas, descubra fotografias que inspiram você.

• Hi there!

In order to report an issue could you please send me the original photo file, you can share it through any other hosting since the colors are getting changed by the renderer on our side and I'll see if it's possible to fix this with management and tech team.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Hi there,

: Here is hte url from this photo on my network:
          http://gplay.com.br/fotografia/985a8461-editar-editar?context=contr...

Here is how the photo really is.

50452534?profile=RESIZE_930x

There are many cases like this. This guy has a great work and he is famous in BRasil. I got lot's time to convinse him to be on the network. now he does not want to make any uploads anymore. And he is the best member I have. He comes on the site avery day and post at least 3 times per week. If I can't fix this he will be gone.

Thanks,

Hope to hear good news from you

985A8461-Editar-Editar
        • 50453517?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Here are some original files

50453498?profile=original

• How can I send the original files to you?  Then you will be able to reproduce the issue.

Those files change colors when is upload to my network. Here they did not. We made about 30 diferents tests in        6 diferent computers. 
          the compress here in the Forum din't change colors. 

• Hi there!

You can upload the pic files to the google drive for example and share the link to them with me. Or you can use any other hosting, for example, https://imgur.com/

Looking forward to seeing the original files from you.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

Imgur
            Imgur: The magic of the Internet
            • Hi there,

Here is the link to the files, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XAORb_HOYpU1oKrMxjeKGqP1ubpbjq8P

• Hi there!

Thanks for the links to the files I have created the report to the tech team and attached the files you have provided and the links to teh files uploaded to the network. Once the issue would be reviewed I will let you know if we can do something about this.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…