Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Replies

• There is a few ways you could do this but the simplist for rules and news points etc would be to set up an articles instance set to admins only to add post and turn off the comments. You can then add some categories ie news, rules etc. Then create some posts for rules etc and add them to the categories you want.

By the way if you do not want the article page you set up to show in the main navigation you can simply drag it down into your unlinked pages section, users will still be able to see the posts etc but it just won't show in your nav bar.

Once done you can then use the add content option on pages to add a box which contains the post you want to show and add it to the top of the the activity or whever you want to add them. It's a bit like adding latest activity, latest photos etc. When adding the box you get to choose how many and from which category you want the post/s to come from.

So for instance let's say I have created an article for the rules and I want to add this to the top of the activity feed. I would go to sites and pages then click on the page that has the activity feed on, normally your home page. Next I click the add content button and choose the articles instance you added, then select where you want the post to come from, ie one of the categories and in this instance I want the rules category, next I choose latest/ newest posts and choose how many posts I want to show and so just choose one to show the most recent post I added, next choose how much of that post to show and then save it and move the box to where you want it then save the whole page.

All pages have the option to add content including profiles so this can used just about anywhere you want.

This will then show at the top of your activity feed. The good thing about setting up an articles page for things like this is that you can add many posts of which your users can go to to read at any time.

There is a way to add code to pin posts from certain things but the above is the most easy and economical way to do it.

Hope that gives you some ideas Ana

• Hi Ana,

Bizz wrote a great explanation above! Thank you, Bizz :)

I agree, there is a way to perform that using the code snippet, but the easiest way is to add a content module with articles where you may have the important information. 

Anyway, this is a great suggestion and we will definitely consider adding this tweak into the existing functionality in the future, thank you!

Kind regards,
    The Ning Team

• Thanks to Max Ning Support and @Bizz for your replies.

I meant more like twitter, or facebook groups, if you make a post in newsfeed or activity feed you can have the chance to "pin" it to your page profile or groups or over all newsfeed area via the main, group or activities page.

Say like you have members who leave graphic comments and you want to remind them to resize the images so not to have too big a picture in your comments or newsfeed. That is what I mean, add a feature that allows you to pin posts like that.

Great idea otherwise. You could have an articles section where rules and such are on a module or html element, but that is not exactly what i meant.

• Hi Ana,

Thank you for the clarification, you made it completely clear. We really appreciate the suggestion, thank you! 
        Hopefully, it can be implemented in the nearest future.

Kind regards,
        Max,
        The Ning Team

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Ana Massien's discussion
Emoji work in module headers and newsfeed
"anywhere except for inside the HTML itself."
10 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Ana Massien's discussion
Front end edits
"Most likely not"
10 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
10 hours ago
Ana Massien replied to Ana Massien's discussion
Possibly Ning 2 or Ning 1.5
"Dood we have not even spoke in this thread since June 2020. I don't see why you came to bump it…"
11 hours ago
Ana Massien replied to Ana Massien's discussion
"My name is Ana, not Ann. Ning's earlier days, before the 2.0. Some the elgg layouts correspond to…"
11 hours ago
Rosas † Negras replied to Ana Massien's discussion
"De nada"
yesterday
Ana Massien posted a discussion
  You can add emoji from a browser extension or emojipedia.com (and copy and paste it) into module…
Monday
Ana Massien posted a discussion
For mods and admins, will 3.0 ever be able to have the front end edit buttons like ning 2.0…
Monday
Ana Massien updated their profile
Monday
Lea Bouillet updated their profile
Sunday
Rosas † Negras replied to Rosas † Negras's discussion
Style your View all buttons by touch by changing two colors
"Bizz 
these are the points impossible to reach without these codes"
Saturday
Rosas † Negras replied to Rosas † Negras's discussion
Style your View all buttons by touch by changing two colors