Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

NC for Hire

I want to recreate the new modal window that Ning recently put on our site.

3830785041?profile=RESIZE_710x

I am able to get the HTML part of the modal working on a page in my site however, I am trying to figure out how to generate the xg_token which apparently needed to close the modal after reading.   I found the xg_token inside the source code of my pages but for some reason I am unable to close the modal.   Could someone at Ning help me identify which token to use or how to generate one for this purpose?

Is the token page specific or user specific or domain wide?   Scratching my head... thanks for any help...

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

Thank you BIZZ... i plugged both in and they are working terrifically!

4515574658?profile=RESIZE_930x

• Cool, no worries glad could help bud :-)

• NC for Hire

I wonder if this same technique could be used to make the nonmember block on Groups pop up on top of a group until someone follows it... gonna try something...

• Do you mean the about group with the Join us Button ? Yea it would be quite easy to make something similar to this to ' pop ' out that section and keep it there until the member has joined.

• It is a very creative idea @Bizz!!!👍 👍 👍 I will test it in our site for sure. 

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…