Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

I can not get the sign in to work with both Facebook and Twitter. It stopped working several months ago and I always thought it was because my site needed to upgrade to SSL. Now that it is SSL it still won't work. I've gone thru the instruction forward, backwards, left, and right ...it will not work. 

With Twitter I keep getting this error: "Your Twitter App could not be verified. Confirm that the Key and Secret are correct. Or Twitter may be having problems at the moment, so you can also try again in a few minutes."
I'm sure they are correct. However, Twitter has updated their API and Ning has not updated it's instructions for it (https://www.ning.com/help/create-a-twitter-app-for-your-ning-network-2/).
Can Ning please update that!?

With Facebook I keep getting this error: "Login Error: There is an error in logging you into this application. Please try again later." I followed the instructions to the T (https://www.ning.com/help/enable-social-sign-in-with-facebook/) to make sure everything was updated after my SSL update but it still won't work. 

Is this a bug with Ning right now or am I missing something? 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello!

I apologize for the inconveniences, unfortunately, we haven't updated our settings for proper integration with Twitter yet, this is why it is not possible to for you to connect a Twitter app at the moment. We are working on bringing Twitter sign in back, and once it is ready you will be notified here or via email. 

Regarding the Facebook sign in/up - here is the correct instruction for the application. As an alternative, you can add one of our representatives as a developer of your application, and we will set it up for you. Please let me know if you wish to do so, I will provide you with a FB id. 

Best regards,

The NING Team

Changes on facebook, and new instructions how the app should be set up
    Hi there! I guess you all aware about the last news regarding the facebook and data leak. Because of that, they are making the usage of the API more…
  • Ok, I put on my geek hat, spun the propeller and it broke. 
    Yes, I would like have one of your reps help me out with this. 
    Please let me know what I need to do next. Thanks!

• Hello!

To add a developer to your app, please, open the "Roles" tab in the application and click on "Add developers" button http://take.ms/7DHxn

Please, use the following fbid Alex.ning.support to add our agent http://take.ms/GjvzZ and let me know once you have done that so we can check your case right away.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,

The NING Team

Screenshot "party integration fool - Roles - Facebook for Developers - Google Chrome 2018-01-24 19.…
      • Okay, I set it you up. Let me know if I missed something. 

• Hello!

Thank you! Alex will check the app and I will let you know once all the settings are correct!

Best regards,

The NING Team

• Hello!

Alex has fixed the settings of your application and everything should work now!

Please let me know if still have any issues. 

Best regards,

The NING Team

• Thanks so much, but this created a new problem which is pretty urgent. After being logged in via either FB or email I my home page goes dark rendering it usless with a Ning pop-up saying "Facebook will open a popup window." and the only thing you can click on is the "OK" in that same pop-up box which leads to a FB error page. 

• Never mind! That bug is gone after I signed out of FB and back in again, then sign out of my Ning site and back in again. Weird, right!?

• Hello!

I agree it's kinda weird, but I am glad that the issue resolved eventually :)

Best regards,

The NING Team

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…