Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

NC for Hire

I was finding the placement of the About/Join box inside groups to be difficult for members to find if they were new to the community.   So I decided to move mine above the banner box with a single line of code added to the Custom Code Bottom section.  Simply add the following code and your About/Join module will move to the top on all groups.

<script>
{x$('div.grid-frame.sheet.section-aboutGroup').insertBefore('div.banner-frame');
}
</script>

4126824527?profile=RESIZE_710x

I find that group pages with a About/Join section which shows ONLY TO NONMEMBERS is best because it disappears after they Follow the Group.

Let me know if you have any questions and if you need help with your community, by all means reach out to me.  Happy to help!

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice little tip there JF :-)

• NC for Hire

thanks bud... good to see you!   Are you gonna start a community? looking forward to some tips..!

• Yes just opened a new one up seeing as going to be stuck at home for the next 12 weeks. Will pop some info at a later stage when adding some tips etc but for now the site is https://jr-images.ning.com/

Bizz :-)

Home
        jr-images is a social network
        • NC for Hire

sweet!  be sure to send me an invite when you open!  nice to see you back Bizz!

• Yep will do, just recoded a bit of my activity for getting videos to play in the feed as noticed ning have changed a few bits. Working now though :-)

• Hello Bizz. Nice tip . di you post the video tip in creators ?  i wish to test in my network if do you mind.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

kostasgr replied to Bizz's discussion
Tip: Adding add content links to your activity feed
"Bizz !! .. some code for a larger group cover ???? "
5 hours ago
Jen updated their profile
yesterday
Jen replied to Ning Support's discussion
The Star Rating Feature Is out Now
"Great feature. Thanks Ning!"
yesterday
Marly replied to Le Lynn's discussion
Trouble Loading My Profile Page
"The pages are fixed, however, on this same site we are now having the same issues but with Inbox."
yesterday
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Bizz's discussion
Tip: Adding add content links to your activity feed
"wow... that is looking very useful... ill try it out tonight!"
yesterday
Bizz posted a discussion
This tip will allow you to add some add content links below your status box on the activity feed to…
yesterday
Tony19 replied to Tony19's discussion
Add audio playlists
"Grazie Anastasia!"
yesterday
Anastasia_Ning_Support replied to Tony19's discussion
Add audio playlists
"Hello Tony!
We haven't planned to release such feature yet, but I agree it would be very convenient…"
yesterday
Anastasia_Ning_Support replied to Le Lynn's discussion
Trouble Loading My Profile Page
" Hi there!
Thank you for the alert!
Today our developers have fixed the issue that might be related…"
yesterday
Sean Fitzpatrick and Mark Hibbs joined Ning Creators Social Network
yesterday
Le Lynn posted a discussion
When clicking to go to my page or another persons' profile it will show this:
yesterday