Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Slow and Painful 2.0 Death

Hello Creators community!  I know it has been some time since I have been active here, I don't know where things are at with anyone else's Ning 2.0 sites but mine has been stripped since Dec. 1, 2020 and support has been dragging me along saying that they are working on it but nothing is changing and I am getting no updates as to why my Site design was removed.  Last night I got an email saying they were going to close my ticket and mark it as resolved when my site is still naked.  I want to know how on earth an important file like CSS just gets dumped.  It should look like the image below.  Click the link to see what it has looked like for the past two months.  If anyone can tell me any info that would be great.

8540620457?profile=RESIZE_710x

http://skemanon.com/

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

i had the same problem, but i had saved the css first, i sent a ticket not to touch my css anymore, they were checking the non working colors of the mp3 player when i found myself without codes

• Sadly the PC that had the CSS codes for my site isn't working at this time and I can't retrieve them.  This is a problem that never should have happened as the CSS we use for our site should never be changed by Ning.  It is a file that should be saved and left alone but they lost this file somehow.

• NC for Hire

I'm too sorry, I have known you for more than 10 years and I know your css accuracy ... I hope you can solve soon

• Looks like Ning will not resolve this and has told me the problem is on my end.  Knowing that I hadn't even logged into the site to remove my CSS file tells me that I have been lied to by Ning. I have a very lengthy email that started December 1st and was dragged out until yesterday when I again asked why I have not been given an explanation to why my file is missing.  I know they want people to move to 3.0 but sabatoging my work and blaming me is not the best way to go about it.

• NC for Hire

with 3.0 all our passions end for us who have been working on css for years, the only consolation is to rebuild the css and save them, I see no other way, I know that yours has been a job for years but you have no choice

• I am not sure that Ning is a very stable platform at all.  My wordpress site has never deleted any of my files by itself and I haven't touched it for years.  I also have the ability to download every bit of my content through a file transfer program.  My member profiles are design friendly also.

The only thing I have concerns with is that when I close my site so many people will loose their content.

• NC for Hire

with error 500 everything was destroyed, the forms disappeared even in the member page, I laugh, but I write a letter to Ning management, they cannot afford to destroy the work done, the technicians must be competent,html destroyed even , photo or code entered, Features Layout
          Tabs & Pages, placed as the dogs decide , it took a day to fix all,now we are two in the crosshairs, but I expect Ning seriousness

• When did that happen?

• NC for Hire

as soon as we started our discussion the site in confusion, the one that makes me angry, everything was deleted even the tickets sent to Ning, questions from members to register, html ... that does not mean solving the problem error 500 ,that means having desire to destroy

• Check out Barbara's profile on my Wordpress Site.

She used full CSS to design it.

http://blog.skemaholicsanonymous.com/skemaholics/barbara-mc-2-2-2/p...

My profile is for those who don't want to use CSS but want to put simple design and color on their profile. On mu Wordpress both options are available and with wordpress no one can hold your content hostage.

http://blog.skemaholicsanonymous.com/skemaholics/angella/profile/

Profile | Barbara Mc | Skemaholics Anonymous
        Skemaholics Anonymous, Ning Generator, Ning Themes, Ning Layouts, Ning Codes, myspace layouts, myspace graphics, Myspace Codes, Biker or Not Layouts…
This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…