Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

FORUM

1. On the front page, instead of going into the admin function to edit the boxes, could there possibly be a way to solve this by allowing front end editting?

2. Something needs to be addressed about the twitter widgets they don't work anymore, so is there a new way to bring a twitter search to ning itself?

3. Let members add a text box or other widgets to their profile by being able to edit their widgets on their profiles or groups.

4. Emojis, stickers or gifs, reactions.

5. Hashtags and @mentions for people speaking to one another in the newsfeed module.

6. Improve Photos for over all use, they slow down the networks. Possibly even in 2.0 they slowed down the network. Allow them to be uploaded in small thumbnail form. Choose also if they can be shown in a module in a slideshow or small thumbnail form.

7. Allow the ning chat with support chat to be moved to the upper parts of a page, sometimes they get in the way of editting or saving in the back end.

8. Add more rss feeds to the newsfeed module.

9. Add a camera chat option to ning.

10. Add Network Games to networks that members can play - could even charge for them like a module like ning light does/did.

11. When using the paywalls, I found out I couldn't do this. I wanted to allow free members to be able to create X number of groups for free but if they needed extra then I wanted to start a subscription for 5.00 per group. I found out that I couldn't do that, so if that was an option it would be good as well. Like say you join a site and You as a free member get three free groups, afterward every other group is 5.00 a group. But if you deleted a free group of the three, you could still make a free group of the three. However if you had a paid group also it would stay paid, even if you had 2 free groups.

Like say I want free members to be able to add 20 free songs, but other songs cost 5.00 a track to upload or for 10.00 or so they could upload X number of songs or tracks, same with videos, articles and so on.

12. With paywalls you could also sell products on your network, say like you have a tshirt store or a candle store and you sell home made candles for 5.00. You could list the products on store with the store module and members or visitors can buy from your website store. Add the ability to pay direct to your paypal, stripe etc and you would be in business. Pun intended.

13. More Themes. Ability to upload thems to ning from wordpress, or blogger, or tumblr or some other template store or site. I love themes and I know themes make or break you.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ha good luck it’s been over 8 months no new updates only promises 

• Yeah, well just some thoughts I have had.

• Hello,

Thank you for the suggestions. Some of them we already received and are working on them. But also we received several new from you.

We do appreciate this and reported them to the Technical Team.

Best regards,

The Ning Team 

• Just trying to be helpful ;)

•  What About a Amp Theme ? in Ning themes directory.

AMP - a web component framework to easily create user-first web experiences
    Whether you are a publisher, e-commerce company, storyteller, advertiser or email sender, AMP makes it easy to create great experiences on the web. U…
    • Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.

We pass it to the manager. So, it will be checked in the nearest future.

Best regards,

The Ning Team

Whether you are a publisher, e-commerce company, storyteller, advertiser or email sender, AMP makes it easy to create great experiences on the web. U…
    • This looks like something they are working on for ning 4.0.

It's flat and very responsive though.

Personally, I love the html format of the design studio.

But I would like to see ning versions of pinterest and or facebook and twitter.

• Hello,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Best regards,

The Ning Team

This reply was deleted.

Announcements

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Michelle Gilbert, CA, APAIA liked ⚡JFarrow⌁'s video in Ning Powered Events
yesterday
J.Ayvar replied to Paul Corona's discussion
Mobile Version- Open to Desktop View
"Hello @ Paul. Ning 2  should be responsible .i am wating for these feature too."
yesterday
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion
Thank you Ning! SEO Improvement Features!
"Thank you Anastasia.. have a great weekend"
yesterday
Anastasia_Ning_Support posted a discussion

Hello everyone!
Are you ready to level up your marketing skills? Join our new webinar on August 2…
yesterday
Paul Corona posted a discussion
Ok- I'm a diehard desktop user but once in awhile I'll check our site on my phone.....Since most pe…
yesterday
Alessandro replied to SweetPotato's discussion
Ning 3.0 Tip: Infinite Scroll for Photos (Loading More Images ... )
"I found out for groups! Groups are loading automaticatlly on scroll!
In itemSelector you need to ch…"
yesterday
Anastasia_Ning_Support replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion
"Hi! 
Thank you for your feedback! We are preparing an announcement with several minor updates that…"
yesterday
Oluwadamilola Taiwo Oyebanji, Donnie Belcher, Moses David and 3 more joined Ning Creators Social Network
yesterday
Groudswell replied to Groudswell's discussion
Editing Sign-up Page - Adding a link and Paypal Button
"We have looked into this, but don't think it will work for us.  Will it support autorenew on either…"
Friday
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion
"It would be cool if there could be an option to specify a custom image for social media shares..."
Thursday
Rex updated their profile
Thursday
samuel francisco updated their profile
Thursday
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels