Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

SSL No Longer Working

I need help. My SSL certificate is no longer working and my site comes up showing as a risk on a big blank white screen. 

Under Domain Mapping I have the "Use SSL for your Network" check box marked "Yes" but still no https://

Ning can you please help? 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

i can help you... ill send you my info

• I just got ahold of Ning today via chat on Ning.com and they said they would turn it on but I will have to hold on 1 to 2 days for it to work. 

If not, I will definitely take you up on your offer. :)

Thanks!

• Hello Scott!

I am sorry for the late response. 

Unfortunately, we are not able to install a certificate now, because there are no DNS settings for www.community.surfoutlook.com - https://take.ms/9i2GO

Please get in touch with our Support Team once it is done and we will ask our admins to install a certificate. 

Bets regards,

The NING Team

• Type Name Value TTL

Hi Anastasia, 

What other DNS setting would I need to have other than the one that's already there on my Godaddy account? 

• Okay, Godaddy added the an extra value "www" in front of the subdomain "community" after reading your take.ms link. (see below)
        Could you please have a look at it now and add the SSL? Thanks!

Type Name Value TTL
        Monosnap
        Monosnap screenshot tool for Mac and PC with own cloud storage. Take screenshots, record videos and upload files directly to the cloud. Just in one c…
        • Hello Scott!

Please, accept my apologies. While working on your request, we found out that free certificates from LetsEncrypt cannot cover fourth-level domains. I can see that right now you have set up a redirect from www.community.surfoutlook.com to community.surfoutlook.com which has a certificate. But please let us know if it is crucial for you to have a certificate for www.community.surfoutlook.com as well, and we will see what can be done.  

Best regards,

The NING Team

• I just had the www installed the other day after your wrote "there are no DNS settings for www.community.surfoutlook.com". 
            So the short answer would be "no", I don't have any links that point to www so I don't beleive I need it. 
            Should I delete the www record from my DNS or can you go ahead and put the SSL to community.surfoutlook.com? 

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…