Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

SSL Solution

Ning recently told me they won't have SSL until November 2017. I use a normal URL (not the ning.URL.com format), which means anyone who visits my site will get that nasty "site not secure" message.

Does anyone know of any SSL solutions or workarounds I could use now, versus waiting to see if Ning delivers on time in November? I have never gotten my project off the ground because I've been waiting for almost a year for Ning to launch various needed features. 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Same here and haven't found workarounds yet. Hopefully things will speed up so this will be resolved in November !

• Hi, Marco! 

We'll email you about your network as well. Please stay in touch via email correspondence  

• Hi, Aubrey!
    We will contact you via your email regarding the solution that we came up with concerning your network and hopefully you'll be satisfied with it. Sorry for the delayed response - our tech team took some time to check if it's possible.

• I was told in support chat that someone would contact me about this on Monday September 18th. Of course nobody from Ning ever contacted me. It would really be nice if Ning could do simple things like contact me when they say they will contact me, and launch features when they say they will launch features (where is payment gateway). I don't trust anything Ning tells me any more because they don't follow through. Failing on simple customer service. That's very unfortunate for a company that's supposed to be better than they were before they were bought out. Still seems very much like the same old unreliable Ning to me. 

• This reply was deleted.
      • I did not get any email from Ning on or around September 21st. I checked my inbox and my spam folder and there was nothing sent to me or received. It's extremely rare that someone send sends me an email that I don't get, unless they actually did not send it.  A little hard to believe that you guys really sent me an email. This is just another example of the increasing problems I'm already having with Ning before I even get a chance to launch my site. 

• Hi, Aubrey.

Well, if you don't believe our words, here is the screenshot from our ticket system (I have blurred the part of your email and address and the text of the email itself as it addressed to your personally).

3240043?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Please check your email box once again and if you won't be able to find this email, just let me know and I'll send you it in a message here on creators.

Best regards,

Ning Team

P.S. If you need any reference the number of that ticket is 1879155

• Excellent Kyryl, it's nice to know what's happening on creators.ning!
            I do not use my network, I do not invite new members, I pay for it. and I believe that something new and better comes with this ning team!

• I received nothing..... please send it again. Thanks. 

• Hi there!

I have resent the email to you once again also I have sent the copy of it here on creators via private message, just to make sure that it would be received for sure.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

• Hi Aubrey,  DreamHost http://mbsy.co/jc33l ;

Adding an SSL certificate overview

Types of SSL certificates
    There are three types of SSL certificates you can add to your domain within the DreamHost panel:

Comodo verified SSL ($ 15 / year)
    Self-signed SSL (FREE)
    Let's Encrypt SSL (FREE)

• Under the domain name you wish to edit, click the 'DNS' link. ...
This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…