Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

SSL

Hoping someone can help me as the people who answer the Ning live support chat have no clue.

My domain was purchased through Godaddy which I also have hosting for. I mapped my domain to point to ning. I purchased an SSL because well, you know the rest. Godaddy says Ning needs to do something on their end, ning says vice versas. Anyone help me here?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there!

Is that something that we should do is CSR file? Or they have been talking about something else?

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

• I purchased an SSL certificate from Godaddy, they said I needed to contact Ning to get them to issue the certificate. Thi sis incredibly difficult and I am not sure why, No one seems to want to help,

• Hi there!

I'm not familiar with the process of certificate generation on the site of the GoDaddy. As usual, when you are purchasing a certificate, the Certificate Signing Request (or CSR) should be generated, based on the CSR you will be able to generate the certificate itself on the side of the GoDaddy. Also during the generation of the CSR, the key will be created as well, and it would be needed during the installation of the certificate on the server.

Basically, you can generate the CSR by yourself here https://www.thesslstore.com/ssltools/csr-generator.php. If you cannot figure out how just send me the answers to the questions you got there in private message and I'll create the CSR for you.

After the certificate has been generated, you may upload it to the Domain mapping page in the dashboard.

This is how it works, as usual, but I'm not sure what exactly GoDaddy told you, and what they are willing us to do.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

#1 Online CSR Generation Tool | Simple, Easy & Fast CSR Generator
        Fast, simple & FREE. Generate a CSR online for your SSL Certificate with our CSR generation tool. Just fill out an easy form. That's it—Give it a try.
  • I have same issue! 

Kyryl, trying to find that discussion we had on this issue- You had given me instructions and then said you would help... I just turned in ticket and Alex says I have ot buy my own- thought there was a freebie? Help!

• Just checked my Paypal link works but it still says NOT SECURE!

Go daddy told me some kind of something name.. from Ning???

• Hi there!

I've contacted tech team in couple days the SSL would be issued for your custom domain name, then you'll be able to enable the https encryption on the domain mapping page. Regarding the Paypal Link, I don't quite understand what's happening on your end. As usual, when you are following the link from the non-encrypted website to the encrypted one there shouldn't be any issues unless some information is transferred during this transition.

Best regards,

Ning Team. 

• Is anyone here actually helping customers?

• Hi there!

Yep, I do.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• 3240254?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Hi  Creators !

Any idea why my SSL Certificate appears not valid and says that it was installed for another website " iotcentral.io". I'm about two days trying to solve it but I can not get it to work.

thanks!!

IoT Central
    IoT Central covers: Infrastructure, Application Dev, Data Security and more.
    • Hi there!

I do apologies for this, I'll ask the tech team to take a look into this, I'll get back to you if something would be needed or if the right certificated will start working.

Apologies for any inconveniences once again.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…