Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

This is just a little tip for your groups. When a group is added by You or a Member they have the choice to add a group image as well as a group cover photo or just one of eachor none at all. If you or the member decide not to add a group image ( ie the small one which sits in the top left corner of the group and displays in your group hub list and modules ) then it just leaves a blank space with the group name so here is a way to display your own default image to help keep everything looking neat and tidy. On my site I have added a no image icon, I created this in photoshop by creating a transparent png then added a small icon in the middle of it, the size for the png was 140px by 168px then I added the image over that and resized the image, here is a link to the image if you want to save it for yourselves, remember to save it as a png to keep the transparent background

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/8370665257?profile=original

Here it is live on my site

https://jr-images.ning.com/

When a member or you add a group image the default one is replaced by the new one.

And here is how you do it

First of all add the image to your file manager, it can be any one you like or you can use the one I provided

Next once the image has been added to your file manager copy the link to the image, paste it onto notepad or something like that to use in a bit

Copy this line of code to your design studio css and add the link into the part which says add link here then publish and that's it all done. Make sure you keep the " " at each end of the link inside the brackets.

.groupHub .matrix-media-1-1 { background-image: url('  add link here ');}

Bizz :-)

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is there a way to do something similar with articles? Instead of a default group image, a default article image that exists instead of the "no file chosen" box. 

• You can add a different background image to it so it's not just a grey box but that would only be for display purpose and would NOT be the image that would be uploaded if no image is added by who ever is creating the article.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…