Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Updated 06-25-2020

All the features of Ning 2.0 with  Ning 3.0 responsiveness.. ;) This code has been updated. It'll work on any layout but it works the best with the (A) layouts ( layout A1 - A4)

Tested and working in all newer browsers IE 9, 10, 11 - Firefox - Google Chrome - Safari. for cell phones, Laptops, PCs, Macintosh and yes TVs....

The fullwidth portion of this code also works in IE 7, 8. for Laptops, PCs and TVs...

It's compatible with all operating systems...

Compatible hardware - cell phones, Laptops, PCs, Macintosh and yes TVs....

Most pages will fit on the smallest of cell phones but I recommend a screen resolution of 480 pixels and wider. But like I said most of the network will fit on screen resolutions of 250 pixels and greater.

With this code your N2 will pass Google developers, mobile friendly test, without using Nings mobile app.

click here to see it live on "The Constitutional Conservatives".

If anyone would like help setting this up I'll be more than happy to give you a hand.

GEOCOMs Ning 2.0 Responsive Fullwidth Network v5 part 1

Part 1 goes in your (ad-box above the header) Make sure you press the HTML button before inserting the code.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" ></meta><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/14338574?profile=original" id="N2_R_F_W_N_v5_P1" ></link>

Part 2 goes in your (custom code box)

The video enhancements come with my "profile text box video mod". To turn the mod on change the ID name in the video enhancement script from this  id  " id='gframe' " to this id   id='MOD_FN' ..

<!-- Start GEOCOMs Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network v6 part 2 -->
<script src="https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/6335680082?profile=original" type="text/javascript"></script>
<!-- START Ning 2.0 Video enhancements -->
<script src="https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/6359602678?profile=original" type="text/javascript" id='gframe' class="gf_helper" ></script>

Part 3 goes in your (design studio CSS session)

/* Start GEOCOMs Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network Part 3 */
@media screen and (max-width:1144px)  {
DIV#xg.account.external-auth DIV#xg_body,        
DIV#xg.account.external-auth .xg_lightborder{
     width: 92%!important;
     min-width: 100px!important;
     max-width: 500px!important;
    left:0px!important;
    right:0px!important;
    margin-left:auto!important;
    margin-right:auto!important;     } }
@media screen and (max-device-width:1144px)  {
DIV#xg.account.external-auth DIV#xg_body,       
DIV#xg.account.external-auth .xg_lightborder{
     font-size: 34px!important;
    line-height: 35px!important;    } }
@media screen and (max-width: 760px)  {
table.categories p, table.categories ul {
    padding-left: 0px!important;
    padding: 3px!important;
    margin-top: 0px!important;}
  TD.xg_lightborder H3{
    margin-top: 70px!important;
    margin-left: 0px!important;
    padding-left: 0px!important; }
BODY TD.xg_lightborder {
    padding-right: 0px !important;
    padding: 2px !important;
    width:45%!important;}
BODY .xg_theme TD.xg_lightborder,
BODY .xg_theme th.xg_lightborder{
  width:45%!important;
  min-width:45%!important;
  max-width:45%!important;}    
BODY .body_events_main ul.clist div.tb {
    margin-left: 10px;
    margin-top: 110px;}
BODY .body_events_main ul.clist li a span.image {
    margin-right: 16px !important;  } }
/* End Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network Part 3 */

557925?profile=RESIZE_480x480

maB N_2.0_FWN_mobile_app_V3.0.js

N2_GEO_mod_RT_v2.5.044_3x.js

N2_GEO_mod_RT_v2.6_3x.js

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Updated 11-10-2017 v6

• Good to see you're still with us George

• You know I'll all ways be here fore my creator friends.. It's nice to see you as well, Kos. :)

• George,

I was so happy to find this discussion! And thanks for using my site as an example... I absolutely love my wide site! I have used this code for a long while now and the only problems I have ever had were caused by me! But you have slowly trained me not to mess with my codes!!LOL! Thanks so much for all your help!

Friends, if you don't know George, let me tell you he is a Great Guy...  He really has a big heart and enjoys sharing his special codes.. I have trusted George with my admin sign in info for many years and I trust him 100%. I have to say in a world where you cannot trust many people we need more Georges!

• You're welcome Suzie and thank you for the kind words, you are so sweet. ;)

• Hi George, 

Thank you for this update. My site was finally updated with SSL today and it broke your older code but this one fixed it. 

I have a couple of issues with this newer code. 

1) I now have blank space between my top Ning bar and my Head banner. 

2) When signed in, the comment boxes (example; on a page showing a photo) is showing text editing all miscued. 

Do you know if there is a fix for this? 

www.Surfer-Shot.com

• Hello Scott, I added these two codes to your DS CSS to fix them..

HTML BODY .xg_theme .xj_ad_above_header{
      margin-top:-5px!important;
      height:0px!important;
      }
      HTML BODY DIV.xg_theme FIELDSET.nolegend DIV {
      width: auto !important;
      }

• George, I messaged you through my site www.surfer-shot.com for help. I was able to fix most of it by finding this thread, deleting all the coding and re-inputing what you have here. All good now except that I can not see the navigation menu on desktop anymore unless you click the hamburger menu that's not very easy to see. Also I now have too much spacing between the navigation menu and the top of the screen. 

• Hello Scott, it looks like you have it fixed. Sorry I haven't been around I'm in major pain right now, it hurts the most when I use a computer mouse. :-( If you're having any problems I'll be willing to help you out, just let me know.

• Hi George, Sorry to hear about your pain. I hope everything heals fine for you. Keep up with with whatever physical therapy regiment you've been offered. I'm sure you still have a very long life ahead of you. Too many people out there thinking it's because there getting old so they don't do their physical therapy and live out the remainder of a long life of aches and pains. 
        Don't be that guy! :)  We need you on Ning!!! lol

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…