Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

UPDATE 09/17/2015

There's been a few creators asking for a redirect script without having to pay someone to write it for them so hear you guys go

These scripts will redirect any Nonmember/visitor to your Sign in, Sign-up page or any page you prefer.

Just change the word "signIn?" to "signUp?"  In the codes below to have it redirect to the signup page instead of the sign in page.

To redirect to any other page just replace "/main/authorization/signIn?"  with the page link you prefer.

Add the code to your ( Custom Code - End of Page Code box ) it could take a couple minutes for the script to take effect because of your catch. For an individual page just place the code in your "above footer HTML box" or "Below header HTML box"

NEW 09/17/2015

Redirect Nonmember Click Block

Nonmembers can now view the pages as long as they want but as soon as they click anything it will redirect them to the signin or signup page. Just change the word "signIn?" to "signUp?"  In the code below to have it redirect to the signup page instead of the sign in page.

<a style="display:block" href="/main/authorization/signIn?"><div id="nonmembers" style="display:none"></div></a>
<script src="http://bit.ly/1YhBZCP" type="text/javascript" title="GEOCOMs_nonmembers_block"></script>

Redirect script
<script type="text/javascript">
if(ning.CurrentProfile == null){
    location.href = "/main/authorization/signIn?";
}
</script>

timed redirect

The 9000 at the end of the code is the same as 9 seconds so if you want a 30 second delay change the 9000 to 30000

1000 = one second

<script type="text/JavaScript">
if(ning.CurrentProfile == null){
setTimeout(function() { location.href = '/main/authorization/signIn?';  },9000 );
}
</script>

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• George, Perfect!  Works like a charm!  Thank you kindly Sir!!!

• Adam, you're welcome and thank you for the idea. It makes an awesome redirect option in this discussion.
                You have a wonderful day.

• NC for Hire

came in handy today on my personal site.  thanks G!  

• You're welcome JFarrow. :)  I'm not sure if I've seen your personal site yet, I would love to check it out. :)

• Hello, i have a ning 2.0 website. where can i add this redirect script? on which page?

• Hello Petra, the code would go in your "NC custom code box", If you're the network owner you would go to the "dashboard" then select your "Custom code box".. You have a great day. :)

• oke, I found it! But in this code box is already an other code (for google analitics)? Can i place two codes? or only one?

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…